Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Weird fix
  • Logitech Revolution MX left button starts to erratically behave during text selection?

Well, it is fixable (wish that all will be such easy).

Solution - http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/Erratic-MX-performance-mouse-issues/m-p/711968

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • i basically have the same problem with one of my acer monitors. if it stays plugged in for too long it stops working because of a faulty capacitor and needs to be unplugged and discharged completely. i wonder if clicking the buttons is actually important or just the battery removal for some period of time.

• if it stays plugged in for too long it stops working because of a faulty capacitor and needs to be unplugged and discharged completely. i wonder if clicking the buttons is actually important or just the battery removal for some period of time.

Well, it is just your theory. I doubt about all this static story in the link above, for me it looks more like some software glitch that can be caused by hardware or prolonged work and you just make complete reset doing all this thing. As for your monitor - it can be caused by myriad of things, starting from same glitch and frequently it is now just issue with soldering of BGA chips (heat can damage it or can deform board).

• true - i wonder how to test it accurately. fortunately it is not a CRT so less dangerous to poke around while it's on with a multimeter. it only happens if left on for over 48 hours. upon disconnecting all power the screen flashes in around ~10s along with a slight 'pop' which means me thing of an electrical discharge. anyway, the lesson here must be that everyone believes in their own magic (while it works).

• Well, with time it'll get worse anyway

Here is next level fix

Btw, all this shit happens because Logitech even in top mouse products use cheapest switches (100k click only and you are done). Good switches ala could eliminate problem once and for all.

• Im on my 3rd or 4th identical logitech trackball all because of the faulty switches. Thinking of replacing the switches when my current one fails.

• Very good article about issue

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hack-mouse-click-do-it-yourself,4458.html

to make things short - capitalist corporations just do not care. Making proper switch, especially without wearing out parts and it'll live for decades.

also sad thing that issue is solved in keyboards (as at the time design of top keyboards had been checked by government and military, see bucking and Cherry based KB), just making mod of Cherry like switch is not very hard. Best one of such switches have around 300x better life compared to mouse ones.

• OMG I have a mouse with this problem--haven't thrown it away yet, but I bought a new one on eBay for $7. I'll see if the fix works.

• I'll see if the fix works.

Use some of the simple button switch fixes, nothing major.