Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
gh4 best general low light lens sub $400-500?
  • So im looking for a decent low light lens for my gh4 for christmas, I have been looking at the rokinon 12mm f2, and the olympus 25mm 1.8.

any other recommendations?

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • A little bit over your limit would be the Panasonic 15mm F1.7 (quite nice).
    Or the also REALLY good Olympus 45mm F1.8 - A nice little gem ^^.

Or if (bigger) non-AF / manual glass is also ok, the Rokinon / Samyang lenses.
    (12mm F2.0, 16mm F2.0, 24mm F1.4, 35mm F1.4 and now also 50mm F1.4 ...
    Especially the 12mm is nice and small - Perfect for Micro 4/3 bodies - Not only for the GH4 ^^.)

• If you don't mind going fully manual old school film style, you can get older Pentax lenses quite cheap and get a cheap adapter on ebay. I use a 28mm f2.8 and a 50mm f1.4. Both were $100 and adapter $12.

• B&H is having a sale on the F/.95 SLR 25mm right now. $499

• I have the PanaLeica 25mm 1.4 and its a awesome lens, although my experience is basically in stills.

So, you can get some manual lens (some olds) relatively inexpensive.

• Is a pity you missed out the special for the SLR Magic HyperPrime Cine II 25mm T0.95 lens which just ended yesterday, I picked it up for only US$499!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1073531-REG/slr_magic_slr_2595mft_ii_25mm_t_95_for_mft.html

Next best option in my opinion is to get a Nikon 50mm f/1.2 which goes second hand for about that much, and put it on a focal reducer. The RJ Lens Turbo which goes for $130ish on this forum. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/9086/rj-lens-turbo-m43-adapters/p1

• yeah i was going to get that but i barley had a few hours to goto bank and put rest of the cash in and then id basically be broke for few weeks. But whats the RJ Lens turbo like compared to the Metabones sb?