Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
m43 to MD lens adapter problems?
  • Just wondering if anyone can give some insight as to why a Minolta md lens adapted to the RJ speedbooster for the bmpcc with a dumb adaptor ring doesn't work? The flange distance is correct because i have a md-m43 dumb adaptor and the total flange distance is the same. My md lenses work fine so after getting the RJ speedbooster .71x I then got a dumb md-eos adapter ring thinking it would work fine and nada.. lens is focusing past the sensor? They make a md-eos adaptor with glass but not sure why that would be necessary when md's work fine on m43 with no glass and no focal reducer.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

Check this and you understand why it does not work :-)

You know that you can get RJ adapter for Minolta, right?

• By adapter I'm assuming you mean a non focal reducing one? Not a m43-md focal reducer right? I can get the adapter that has a glass element to correctly project the MD image onto the EOS sensor but not necessarily change the angle of view..

• Minolta MD/MC can't be used with EOS without a glass element (and all of these make a crappy image), since the flange distance is shorter than EOS. Get something with a longer flange distance, like Contax/Yashica…

• Ahhh yes ! , the reviews of the md-eos adapters are quite bad , looks like I'll be getting another RJ speedbooster. Love the EOS version super sharp and nice angle of view..