Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Roland iModela
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • The Japanese can make literally anything look like child's play.
  • Once machines like that get around $100-200, that changes everything. Being able to download plans and build your own shoulder rig from scratch. Game changing...but it's not there yet.
  • >Being able to download plans and build your own shoulder rig from scratch.

It won't happen. In near future :-)
  • Yeah...at least 20 years....assuming we all survive 2012. :P
  • pretty cool! a tiny CNC router.
    I'm much more interested in a home sized/priced 3d Printer.
    I saw some great advancements in 3d printing at Siggraph this year. Good things coming in the near future for sure. Not sure if prices will come down to consumer levels anytime soon, but developments in 3d printing have definitely advanced a lot.
  • A very interesting machine. However, people don't realize that you can get a used 3D pro Printer for a very reasonable price. I have a full size (about the size of a stove) 3D printer that I bought for $2K called a Zcorp 402. I've tested a bunch of different DIY materials and can build anything in roughly a 7" x 7" X 9" box. It uses a powder spreader method. You can sometimes find them on Ebay. They do usually need a fair amount of maintenance to get them up and running though. But not bad for 2K. They don't make the model anymore so people that don't know you can make your own spare disposable parts sell them cheap. All it uses is Plaster powder called Hydroperm and inkjets with distilled water and 20% ethyl alcohol. You then harden it with crazy glue. It builds layer by layer in the powder build side. If anyone wants more info you can hit me up. However most people think that you build it and its done. These things take a fair amount of post production to really get them nice and clean. Their patent is supposed to be up this year but I am sure that they will figure out some legal way to avoid that happening.

There are companies getting rid of them because they need tighter tolerances for their parts.
    Screen shot 2011-10-14 at 12.55.56 AM.png
    630 x 872 - 239K