Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Canon Hollywood Professional Technology and Support Center
  • Saw this over at DVINFO. I hope this is not the news they were going to announce on the 3rd of November

Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, today announced the opening of the Canon Hollywood Professional Technology and Support Center to better serve its film and television production clients. The office, located on the historic Sunset Gower Studio lot at 6060 Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, will provide a local site to foster support, research, service and training for Hollywood’s thriving entertainment industry.

“We want to offer a one-stop shop where our clients can come to ask questions and explore our various products with the help of our highly qualified technical and engineering staff members. The Canon Hollywood Professional Technology and Support Center provides a well-equipped venue for working with professionals in a range of imaging industries, from film and television production to still imaging and professional output,” stated Yuichi Ishizuka, executive vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies and Communications Group, Canon U.S.A.

Comprehensive product repair services for Canon professional products will be available in the new Hollywood facility starting in late 2011. On-site repair operations will include two state-of-the-art camera body and lens adjustment rooms, Canon’s most advanced adjustment and calibration equipment, local spare parts inventory, and an experienced professional repair staff that will look to quickly return Canon’s professional products to their original factory condition and operation.

Via: http://www.dvinfo.net/news/canon-hollywood-professional-technology-and-support-center-premieres-in-los-angeles.html
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • .....and that looks like it is. I remember the word..."historic" from the rumored announcement. But...hopefully this new "historic" announcement includes new camera makes and models. If not...then....what can we do...??? Nada.
  • @Ian_T,

I hope this is just the beginning of multiple announcements concerning their new relationship with Hollywood not "The" big announcement. But, Canon could have made the announcement that they were going to make on the 3rd of November "Now" to diminish all of the High expectations that people had for a camera that was never coming.
  • Working to get my invite :)
  • @jaecjaec,

Its probably free to the "Big" established guys in the moviemaking business just so Canon can get their business.

For guys like us it will be all paid.

"The Canon Hollywood Professional Technology and Support Center will also host Canon Live Learning (CLL)
    workshops – fee-based seminars for professionals and enthusiasts looking to further their imaging
    education."