Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Anyone attending Shane Hurlbut's North American illumination workshop/masterclass tour?
  • Just curious if you are/have... Any feedback would be welcome.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I attended the workshop. It was a really good and interactive experience. Shane recreated the lighting on scenes from several different films that he has DPed over the years and he answered our many questions. The grips that he brought with him were setting up and tearing down lights and diffusion at lightning speed. It was great to see how the big guys do it. If you can make it, I'd highly recommend it.

• I'm going to the one in Toronto next week.

• @QuickHitRecord Thanks for replying. I signed up as lighting is one area that I find very elusive in terms of getting access to someone with hands-on practical experience/knowledge. Its one thing to have gear but to use it properly and intelligently is what really counts for me.

• Fantastic workshop for anyone who has only a basic understanding of lighting with no access to a working DoP and way more useful than any gear you could possible buy - this will substantially improve your craft. If your cinematograpic knowledge consists of books and the perfuntory 3-point lighting tutorial on youtube, you might want to check this out.