Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best lens for BMPCC + Metabones Speedbooster EF? $900 budget.
  • Just bought the Metabones Speedbooster EF for BMPCC.

So which lens?

I'm leaning towards the Sigma 18-35, but really wanted IS. I was also thinking about the Canon EF-S 17-55 IS as well (used) but would have to modify.

I want a really good quality workhorse lens and will rent more specialized lenses like WA. I have a monopod and a tripod, so hopefully I'm not overthinking the Sigma's lack of IS.

I came from the GH2, so I still have a couple MFT lenses: Panny 100-300 Panny kit 14-42 I'll probably eventually buy the 12-32 (the kit lens) with OIS as a walk-around.

*also posted this over at BMCuser

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Hmm. Maybe check out the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 Di VC USD.
    Thought not in your price range (new), you can maybe get it used at your max. price point.

It´s delivering a very good optical performance - And it´s even full frame compatible.
    So you can also upgrade later to a full frame body - Or to an APS-C system ...
    (And on the APS-C system you could then still use a speedbooster / focal reducer ^^.)

Only keep in mind that it´s quite bulky, heavy and the front filter thread is quite large (82mm).
    But it´s performing for sure quite well on your actual system config.