Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Need help identifying this lens mount!
  • Hello everybody! I'd like to say hello, as it is my first post on this forum! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new/used GH2!

I've got a few old lenses on hand, handed down to me from family that has worked in film. Among them is a nice looking Zeiss lens that I haven't been able to find much information about, aside from an auction on Ebay for something similar.

What I can confirm, is that it was taken from a Super 16mm camera... back in the day!

It also seems to come with an aluminum screw-adaptor for to adapt for something else, as seen inthe second picture.

IMG_20140921_195219.jpg
    918 x 554 - 162K
    IMG_20140921_195136.jpg
    918 x 554 - 162K
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • Here, let me Google that for you.

http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail.php?ObjektiveNr=77

Looks like a process lens (copying lens) for making low distortion copies at close range. M26x0.75 mount. It's not a cine lens. Someone was being smart to notice that the image circle diameter is almost the same as Super 16.

It's an uncommon mount. The attached adapter might be just what you need. Measure the thread diameter.

With a small image circle diameter of 14 mm, that lens won't be very useful on a GH2. Instead of this 62 mm, I suggest looking at the millions of low cost 50 mm SLR lenses on eBay, at f/1.4 or f/1.7 or f/2.0. SLR lenses are easily adapted to Micro Four Thirds.

• Thanks for the info and your input!