Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mini doc shot with BM Pocket and graded with lightroom.
  • Mini documentary I created. Shot with BM Pocket and graded in Lightroom.

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Why did you choose to grade with lightroom over the other tools out there?

• @IronFilm It was an experiment to test what's possible with exporting each frame into lightroom because of the great features Lightroom has for color correction. Each tool has it's own advantages.

• I can second Lightroom as a great tool for colour correcting. As a photographer first, colour correcting BMD raw footage is very easy. Recovery and fixing Moire is a breeze.

That being said, if you are a videographer first, Lightroom can be VERY counter intuitive.

• @beeldlab Beautiful doc, bravo! As for the visual, I lke very much the color palette, very 16mm like. What lens have you used here?

• Like the look.

• @beeldlab Gorgeous and professional in every way. Great job.

• I found Resolve doesn't decode DNGs correctly. I could never get accurate color. Lightroom and dcraw do a better job.

• @beeldlab Just to confirm that the footage was a RAW capture, yes? Could you say a bit more about the process and your impressions of working this way? CC in LR and then dumping into a linear editor?

I'm a photographer first and very comfortable with LR and working with RAW stills and seeing this is quite exciting. Thanks for sharing this.