Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic GH4 1080 60
  • I am considering buying a GH4 for the 1080 60. I have been rolling with two hacked Gh2s with flowmotion 2.2. I use the recommended sandisk 95 cards and have had no issues with write errors or spanning. Two questions. Should I expect the cards Im using to work the same way with the gh4 in 1080 60? Second question Id like to be able to use one of my Gh2s as a B ROLL Cam. What would the best setting be on the Gh2 for working with the 1080 60 Gh4 on a vegas pro timeline? Thanks in advance for your input.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • No issues with using those SD cards in GH4 at 60p or 4k. For color matching, you seen this video?

• I've been using San Disk extreme pro class 10 cards for both 1080-60p 100mbps and 4K UHD 100mbps and have never had a single issue. As a side note I almost always use 1/60th shutter in 60p as I think it gives a smoother more appealing image than 1/120th, especially if you slow it down to a 24 or 30p timeline.

1080-60p 100mbps is one of the most cinematic images the GH4 creates. I use it extensively in ETC mode with huge telephoto's for long range wild life work and it is incredible.

Shoot it with confidence and you'll be surprised how impressive an image it creates.

Cheers, Pete

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions