Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic GM-1, good for green screen work?
  • Hey everybody I'm looking for a camera to use at my job that may occasionally need green screen footage.

I have been using my own equipment (hacked panasonic gh2) and have awesome results, but I'm drafting a budget up for equipment that should already be on hand at the site, not my own personal stuff. All I need now is to add a camera.

I take a lot of product photography and sometimes film people working, the GH2 seemed good for that. But I used a high bit rate on my videos, will using a GM-1 have problematic results if the bit rate is lower? I know it takes awesome video that's close to the GH3, both cameras which have better dynamic range than my gh2, but will Ultra Key work just as well in Adobe premiere using GM-1 footage?

I'm aiming for the GM-1 since it's cheaper than the GH3 and good form factor. But would it be better if I used a different camera?

Thanks!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Sorry about that, won't happen again.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions