Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwoood Intravenus v1 sharp Matrix? Do exist?
  • Looking for the maybe no-existent Driftwoood Intravenus v1 sharp Matrix. I was thinking that I read it once...but maybe I'm very wrong.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • @dgf

Try this patch out from Driftwood. This is a very sharp patch....

sete.ini
  • Thank you very much Azo

• @dgf

Your welcome this is my modified version of the patch that allows reliable recording in the 30p mode. Try it out in that mode its very good ;-)

• @dgf

1. Apocalypse Now 'Intravenus' v1 Settings

2. Apocalypse Now 'Boom!' - Intra GOP1 24p Flat 4 matrix experiment. Works very well for Mid Shots/Close Ups. Out now for trial 24p REC Mode - this setting has NOT been setup for HBR/FSH or 720p despite what patch adjustments you find inside.

FYI This is a completely different matrix than Chris Brandins. Instead, lets see how far we can push the GH2 and its matrix sharpening. Lets reverse the 'Soft machine' and take a look at how a Flat 4 (All 4s in the matrix) records on a GH2. This has been tested at close-up skintones and mid to tight shots and is very very sharp on a typical soft lens like a Nokton 25mm f0.95. I would probably not recommend this for wider shots or for pany lenses. More notes when I get home from vacation.

The Apocalypse Boom setting is sharper then Intravenus v1. The Moon T-4 setting that I uploaded earlier is better IMO then these 2 settings above. Anyway's here are the patches that you requested. Enjoy ;-)

seti.ini
    seta.ini
  • Thank you very much!

• Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but.... what's the difference between a 'sharp matrix' and sharpening in cam and/or sharpening in post?

• NOt an idiot question at all...just wanted to try a sharper matrix for the soft lenses to be able to use the footage just out of the box.

Just trying stuff in here.