Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Viltrox monitor
  • Have you guys seen this monitor before? I know they have a 5 inch version that made the rounds awhile back. The monitor is a cheap knock off of Sony's 5 inch monitor. This 7 inch version has a higher resolution and way more features than the 5 inch version or the original Sony. Although some of these features read like nonsense.

I'm curious if anyone has tried this. I've sent an email to the manufacturer to see if they can confirm compatibility with the BMPCC.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LTI5XVI/

Here are the specs taken from Amazon:

Features: Viltrox DC-70 EX is a portable HDMI monitor which can be used for mirror less cameras,DSLR and digital HD camcorders' with HDMI/AV ports. Viltrox DC-70 EX is advanced 7" HDMI monitor featuresgreat portability, flexibility and high definition picture quality. It is perfectly used for: Seminar / out door real time broadcasting / Recording of digital movie / on site production /editing / monitoring and recording in R&D

Specification:

1. With 7 'HDMI Monitor
    2. High definition picture quality.
    3. Resolution rate: 1280 x 800.
    4. Precise color recorvering and stability.
    5. Robust, light and portable.
    6. Protective coated face panel-detachable.
    7. Can be operated by AC and DC.
    8. Focusing feature for camcorders.
    9. Markers for CENTER, SAFETY AREA and more
    10. Waveform monitor and Vector Scope display.
    11. Waveform for audio channels up to 8 channels
    12. Display of time code.
    13. Flip over function.
    14. Color temperature adjustable.
    15. Interlaced / line by line scanning convertible
    16. Remote control.
    17. Power saving mode.
    18. Mute mold.
    19. Title displayed or not.
    20. Display panel adjustable
    21. Auto white balancing.
    41zrm-p6BSL.jpg
    500 x 500 - 31K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Specs look like google translation :-)

I suggest to stay away from it until real owners feedback.

• lol yeah, i was hoping to find a brave soul who had one.

• Just opened one today. It does work with the BMPCC. It's not amazing, but if you just need a larger screen with "ok" resolution, I'd say it's a great option for the money.

• I really just need something better than the back of the BMPCC. The DC70 looks like it has better resolution.

• Does anybody else have feedback on the Viltrox DC-70? At only €103 for the monitor it does seem like the cheapest half decent 1280×800 monitor on the market.