Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-54 f/2.8-3.5 II
  • Does anyone use that lens? Any shortcommings in that lens? Does it works flawlessly with GH2?
    I need zoom lens and I'm thinking about that lens to buy.
    Thanks for any inputs.
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Swap mine from the stock 14-140 lens. Love this lens, very sharp and can auto focus. Use it all the time with the GH-2, and it's fast enough for most situations. Constant 2.8 would be nice...
  • Isn't the lens noisy?
  • What about stabilization? How does it work with GH2?
  • No Oly lens has IS.
  • I own it and use it as walkaround lens on my gh2. Don't forget you need an adaptor, I think the adaptor was $200? wasn't cheap. But it's a nice lens, though the AF is noisier than my panny native m43 45-210mm. No stabilizer though. But the thing is quite solid and feels old school.
  • Thanks for responses :)
    Searching for zoom, besides Oly, I found Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14-50 mm F2.8-3.5 Asph. Mega O.I.S. and I think I'll buy it. Leica has stabilisation.
  • @Maciek
    I have the oly 14-54. There is a difference between this and the PanLeica 14-50.
    Oly 14-54 is partially CDAF optimized. So AF is typically fast. Less than 1 sec
    PanLeica is standard PDAF, has OIS but AF is 2-3 sec.

Depends if AF or OIS is more important. But with a fast lens, i find lack of OIS not important as long as shutter speed is not too slow.
  • For video, OIS seems more important than AF. I wish we have more of fast MF OIS lenses.
  • I know the lens will not support continues AF in movie/video mode with Lumix, but does the lens support continues AF in movie/video mode with Olympus OM-D?

Anyone knows? As I hardly find any info in the internet. Thanks
  • @yskunto the best camera for the 14-54mm is the OM-D EM-1 and the continuous auto-focus works, but is very unreliable. Maybe the EM-1 MKII have improvements on that front, anyways the 14-54mm is a great lens but I'll do really love a new version of the 12-60mm f2.8-4.