Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 LCD Preview useless ?
  • hi :) I've recently bought a GF2 and the display always shows a perfectly exposed picture no matter what. I can change aperture, iso, shutter speed, it's always the same perfect image. No real feedback whatsoever. There must be a way to display the actual TRUE image no? I can do that in my beloved GH2 so i don't get it. anyone can help? tia

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Those cheap ones dont have live preview. G6 doesn't have it either.

• Seen on dcresource

"You can preview exposure, white balance, and depth-of-field in live view"

Seen on product description from panasonic

"With the Full-time Live View function, you can see how settings will affect the images before you shoot, which makes it easier to capture the exact mood or atmosphere desired."

So are you sure? Do you actually own or have owned a gf2?

• I own/have owned GF3, G6, GH2, GH4. Unless GF2 does not have "live preview" or "constant preview" in menu which has C and wrench icon then it's safe to say there is none.

• After multiple tests, i came to the conclusion that you are right... This device has its constant preview disabled. in "A" mode, you can actually see the real feedback of the exposure so it is not a hardware limitation but rather a marketing crippling. If you want the live view you have to buy the LVF1 at 200$...so no thanks... GF2 kiss and goodbye... i returned the product this very same day and will save for a GH4 and turn my GH2 into a B cam. Thanks for the info