Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What's the problem with my GH2
  • I recently bought a (used/second hand) GH2 from Ebay.

Unfortunately, it was 'body only' therefore I had to wait until a separately bought lens arrived before I could use/test it. All photos/videos have a very strong red/dark pink tint - this is the same as through the LCD/viewfinder.

Photo 1 is just a straight (but resized) photo. The filing cabinet is actually a light coloured wood framed with a light grey shutter thing. Photo 2 - White-balanced using a white card/paper (again, resized).

Any thought? I sort of suspect it's had some IR/infrared conversion - which wasn't detailed in the Ebay listing.

Test 1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 62K
    Test 2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 68K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Such thing is easy to check. Make photo inside with some black warm thing, and check how it look on photo.

• Sure, it looks like IR photo to me. Attached photo from my security camera with IR filter off. It looks very much like that eg green is white.

Untitled-1.jpg
    635 x 347 - 106K
  • Thank for replying.

Looks like I'll have to return it :(

• looks like they've converted it to IR as said

• I'll buy it!

• What? People convert to IR? What for? Never heard of this...