Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
S☢☢C skoria series and quasi linear editing
  • Hey there PV comrades =)

Gonna try to cut long story short. Wanted to do something with video where I hadn’t have to spend big time in complex editing/grading platforms and also very important addressing all this footage it accumulates and grows like dust & mold over a cat’s head – :P – and I just love rests

Anyway I went back to my beloved quicktime and quasi linear editing. So just took a tiny bit of each clip and copy-pasted them in a blank movie window. Very fast, no regrets, no undos, plain straight forward. Then simply cut a matching length clip of music and added to sequence always in QT. Deleted 90% of footage. Much fun =)

01 – used solely panny 14-140mm f4-5.8
    02 – used solely rokkor 50mm f1.4 MC // genustech eclipse variND
    03 – used solely panny 20mm f1.7
    05 – used solely panny 20mm f1.7 (some ETC mode) - rigorously chronological, almost in-camera edit.

SOUNDTRACK
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor – (extract) Antennas to Heaven
    from 2000 album Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

Merci a Jurgen, Klaus, Arne, André & Piter

Guest Star
    Vania Rovisco

SOUNDTRACK
    A Pesar de Las Heridas. (Cantos de Las Mujeres Saharauis) • 1998
    intro-looped -¡Dios mío! (Aziza Brahim)

Merci a Vania und Dani

Pra Susana que ma faz sorrir mesmo quando me faz chorar =)
    Pra Susana que ma faz sorrir mesmo quando me faz chorar :/
    Pra Susana que ma faz sorrir mesmo quando me faz chorar +)

SOUNDTRACK
    Antonio Carlos Jobim - Tempo do mar
    From 1973 album Matita Perê

Merci bien a aRne, daniela, LAgoa, Mr. Sata, nice guy at Bangla, Patricia, Píʼʼter, Ruben, Su & dear ?lexi

May all beings stop suffering and reach the beach

gashô

PS
    My renewed condolences to brasilians football fans and

VIVA EL PUEBLO SAHARAUI!!!
    VIVA EL SAHARA LIBRE!!!

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • nice ones! some framing are really amazing, even if there's no linear story the clips are enjoyable and worth watching!

• @jazzroy cheers Ric, glad you managed to enjoy the conglomerate :P

•  
    Para o VP, may the rest of us get half as insane as you are :P

SOUNDTRACK
    John Coltrane - India
    From The Complete 1961 Village Vanguard Recordings [Live] [Disc 4]

Merci aRne, the brazilian goddess of easy-talk at train station, Ginjinha, Luisa, the chair repair man, jleo, the angolan power lady at supermarket’s fast food service, Píter, Susana, VP (for the wise advises and patience), the anarchist frog association of ASSNTZ for looking over us while providing soundtrack

gashô

• @maxr Nice! Cinema verite, slices of life, sliced in Quicktime...thanks! ( i also like using/playing with quicktime pro 7!)

• @jleo cheers mon pote... vérité vérité? check check :P

•  
    para Ami en sus 33

SOUNDTRACK
    Slowed down version of Enrique Morente & Lagartija Nick's (L. Cohen) – Manhattan
    from Omega album (1996)

Hi there PVs, in the fifth filthy deliver from this series I decided to keep the same linear juxtaposition simple edit concept but really pushing the looks… too much maybe :P

Anyway the grading process was a PITA, as I tried to do everything in 1 blow and end up getting too complex inside of AE, 46 shots quickly became a hard to tame wild yard of pre comps and effects within pre comps and adjustment layers, LUTs, opacities, mattes and transfer modes; rendering was pretty insane too. Learned the lesson =)

For many years I’ve wanted to use the great Enrique Morente & Lagartija Nick rendition of Leonard Cohen’s First We Take Manhattan. Wiki says:

It was originally recorded by Jennifer Warnes on her 1987 album Famous Blue Raincoat, which consisted entirely of songs written or co-written by Cohen

L. Cohem himself ended up doing his own version of his own beautiful lyrics, see video

08 – used solely Minolta Rokkor MC 50mm f1.4
    09 – used solely Rpkinnon 12mm f2 (some in ETC mode)

gashô