Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Know how Aliexpress.com works
  • They got a strange system... where I must use their website to communicate with a seller.

It might take a few days before 1st response. Be patient? It might take weeks to resolve a simple issue. Then the site completes the transaction automatically.

After that, it's impossible to get your money back.

It ain't Amazon.com for sure. If possible, I'd use eBay instead of Aliexpress unless a seller is known to have good reputation.

Just my 2 cents. It's pretty much one way shipping and one way money flowing.
  • 13 Replies sorted by
  • Sounds like ebay :-)
    You also need to use their site to communicate with seller.
    And response from some sellers could took weeks.

It is also much more seller friendly, because ebay is extremely hostile to sellers.
  • The cheaper price, the higher risk.
  • If you use big sellers, especially factories, risk is almost zero.
  • How do you find more about sellers?
  • Big sellers normally have page telling about them. Also you could check their presence on big alibaba.com brother.
  • Doesn't Ali have an escrow feature?

• I don't know about such feature. Finally I'm getting a portion of my money back. $80 out of $123. Better than nothing.
  • I think that you are still keeping light?
    And it works even :-)
  • It has bad lighting quality and awkward ergonomic. It's collecting dust. I tried to sell it... but no one is buying it. Loss is loss.
  • @stonebat

I see :-)
    Can you shoot color pattern with this light and one you like?
  • Nah. I will try to sell it $40 on craigslist... to break even.
  • The order of my liking is Fluorescent > LED panels > the Comer copy based on the green tint testing.

The Comer ergonomic design... sucks, too. Front heavy. Hard to adjust and lock the angle. Next time... I will do more research before buying a new gear.