Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Just charts
  • New thread dedicated to gloom and doom charts. I'm not good at talking about political stuffs. But I believe the market will forecast near future.

Dollar has clearly broke out of the downtrend. it's taking off like a rocket to the sky. Shown UUD here. It's the dollar bullish ETF. Notice the higher low.

The overall market is collapsing. Notice the lower low. Support around 100 seems weak. Much stronger support around 80.

Gold has clearly decoupled from dollar. It's unstoppable.
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • http://blogs.stockcharts.com/canada/2011/09/comparing-the-tsx-to-americas-indexes.html

I think that's quite significant chart of comparing Canadian overall market to American overall market. Since 2000, Canadian market has been outpacing American market. Starting this year service oriented American market has begun outpacing commodity driven Canadian market. long term copper price trend isn't looking good either.

1st chapter of global crisis was financial crisis. 2nd chapter is unfolding as the financial crisis spilling over to commodity driven industry. This is really a bad news to export driven countries like China/Japan/Korea.

I think we'd see more inflation over the long period. But nothing goes up straight for very long time. We might be going to a period of commodity price drop due to credit market shrinking. We are printing lots of paper currencies... but it can't keep up with the pace of deleveraging. Eventually those printings will become seeds of hyperinflation, but deflation is winning for now.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions