Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Matching video look on GH4 & GX7 - 2 cam shoot
  • Hi,

I am interested in matching the footage from GX7 and GH4 during events or interviews. What settings should I use to make color matching and have them look as close to each other as they can? Is this possible.

I normally shoot 4k cined/v setting on gh4 and downres to 1080p.

Since GX7 doesn't have cine-d/v profile what should i set it to.

I am looking to get another gh4 in the future but it would be nice to be able to use gx7 for now as I have the metabones speedbooster on it with nikon 70-200mm for those tighter interview shots.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I might be in a similar situation in a couple of months. I'd also like to know how well they cut together. Perhaps neutral profile would be good start?

• if you have adobe speed grade you can quickly and easily color match them in post using the shot matcher feature

• Also FCPX has a color match feature that works pretty well. Another option would be to use Film Convert to target the same film color (the GH3 preset matches the GX7 very well) and they have released a GH4 profile.

Here is a same day edit I did matching the GX7, GH3 (in standard) and Gopro Hero3 (in Protune) using filmconvert:

• @grisnjam I understand what you did, the theory is fine but the results are underwhelming. Might have more to do with the wildly different DRs than the accuracy of color matrix transformations. Maybe if you finesse exposure a bit more, hard to judge without trying....it's NOT seamless as is.

• Right. Also same day edit (1 hour) so zero tweaking ...