Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hardware requirements for BMPCC ProRes and Film Convert
  • I have the possibility to test a BMPCC of a friend. I currently use a G6 and a hacked GH1 for my projects, they are absolutely enough for my need, but I want try this cam for a weekend only, just to test how it performs in the lighting conditions I usually shoot.

The problem is: I use a cheap i3 4GB ram to edit my avchd G6 footage with Edius, is it ridiculous to use Film-convert on ProRes BMPCC Film mode files with my hardware? I've heard that ProRes files can be used even on modest pc...

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • download a sample online and test for yourself. most reliable way to know if it will work or not.

• the advantage of ProRes is that it's a iFrame codec and your NLE does not need CPU or CPU power to transcode GOP files. FilmConvert will need some computer power though. As written above: get a clip and have a try

• thanks for your help, I'll test it at once :) @peaceonearth @MRfanny