Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
3 days reading Ibsen's Wild Duck in the street
  •  
    Je je, whatzup guys?!!!

These are some shots (through a 3 days span in February of 2013) badly put together registering an idea we had at A Empresa de Limpeza (Cleaning Business): to read Henrik Ibsen's Vildanden (Wild Duck) outside in the streets.

At some point there's a tiny bit of Mr Jonathan Coulton's - Your brains live in L.A.

Camera was a P&S and I tried to keep it simple while experimenting on new visual approaches; dumping everything into premiere and grading (or conspurcating like @Alienhead likes ,-) with colorista and looks. Plus parts with a lighter tweak of Eran Stern’s false hdr tonning technique. I want to apologize beforehand to @jpbturbo and people with good eye-coefficient for any inconvenience or damage :P

gashô

Some pics during the process +)

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Nice conspurcation @maxr. Did you put a LUT into Looks? I too have Colorista and Looks but I've been finding grading in Premiere too annoying, so I plan to do it in After Effects whenever possible, except for quick fixes. It's great that Colorista has fairly sophisticated masking controls, but (on the Mac anyway) they can only be keyframed in After Effects. But that's only one aspect of what makes the grading more difficult in Premiere.

• @Alienhead thanks man! No, about the LUT. What I humbly experienced it's that the more complex a project gets the more flexibility and responsiveness I need - now visualise a tortoise smokinAfly looking at Ferraris passing by, je je. If your edit is locked, between grading in premiere or AE, the second one is going to give u much more leeway, if only for masking and keyframing, diversity of filters and ways of implementing/correcting them, not to mention 32bpc. In this particular edit, I was just trying new things, HDR toning and stuff, I've only used looks twice and always aiming at a very particular vaselinized kind of mood. Since then I've exchanged colorista for a proper colour correction / grading interface (everybody else is rightly doing the davinci lite dance), AE and follow up conspurcation using LUTs =)

BTW just sent you an email. Now have to be a good person and go to bed, shooting tomorrow. Abrazo