Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 problem while recording
  • Hi. I've bought a used GH2 recently for a 3 camera shooting project. At first, there wasn't any trouble. But I found out that the the camera couldn't record videos longer than 90 mins ar HBR mode, 1980i, 24p. After asking around, I've downloaded and installed a hacked firmware from this page and changing some values of the :

http://www.eoshd.com/gh2-patch-vault

Which solved the recording issue, but other issues appeared as well.

1- I can't record a video at "Manual" mode (in the "Creative Movie" menu) higher than 720p. At 1980i, when I check the video (after recording, it says "Read Error. Please Check the card". I've been using a Lexar 64gb SDXD Class 10 90mb/s without trouble for a year now. I tryed a Sandisc Extreme pro 32 gb 95 mb/s, same problem. I tried factory reset the cam and even reinstall the original Panasoic firmware, no luck. I tryed the same cards on my G6 with the same recording properties, no problem.

2- I can't record a video at "HBR" mode (in the "Creative Movie" menu) or even adjust it in any way whatever the image format( 720p of 1980i). When I check the video (after recording, it says "Read Error. Please Check the card". I've been using a Lexar 64gb SDXD Class 10 90mb/s without trouble for a year now. I tryed a Sandisc Extreme pro 32 gb 95 mb/s, same problem. I tried factory reset the cam and even reinstall the original Panasoic firmware, no luck. I tryed the same cards on my G6 with the same recording properties, no problem.

Any idea & solution to this ?

Thanks to answer

*****UPDATE: Problem solved. the reinstallation of the original firmware with the protool re-work (no hack) did the trick. The seller should have told me that the camera was hacked, it would have be less painful.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions