Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 with T5 hack stops recording after 12 minutes 30 seconds
  • Any ideas why? I shoot in 24p (24L). I though it could have something to do with the 4gb limitation. I formated my card in NTFS. When I insert the card in my GH2 it says it is not compatible and the GH2 formats it to exFAT... I badly need the camera to handle continuos shooting on Saturday. Thanks for help or any ideas!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @olli66

What card do you have? Do not format your card with NTFS, format the card on your computer using SDFormatter. Then format your card in camera. I hope that you are using 32gb or 64GB95/Mbs cards?

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

• @Azo thanks for the quick reply, silly me forgot to mention: of course, I use the Sandisk 64gb 95MB/s card...I just found out exfat can handle files over 4gb of size, too I just downloaded the SDformatter but that one only formats in exfat, too, though I am recording now and it is already at the 13 minute mark...holding my breathe!

• I am also using SD Formatter and Sandisk 64GB 95MB/s card, but my camera freezes from time to time. 3 times every shot at least. I am thankful for any solution.

• which hack you're using? I was told the T5 hack in 24L is pretty reliable what happens when it freezes? is the footage up to that point lost?

another question about the SD formatter: I guess it makes sense to format all my cards with this little tool...will a quick format do? right now my Gh2 is at 20 minutes continuos recording...still holding my breathe...

• @olli66

I would perform the slower full format first on all of your cards. Once in awhile as a maintenance type of procedure I would perform a quick format with SDFormatter. I have never used the 24L modes on any of the patches that I have used. I only use the 24h mode when shooting in 24p so I do not know how reliable any of the patches are in the 24L mode.