Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sonic 12 The Documentary
  • This should be a major thread so I'm starting it. Everything can be transported over the net now and of course there's the post office. I'm suggesting a chosen and dedicated crew, members of this site produce a feature length doco on whats gone down in the last couple of years. what went down? well 2 cameras appeared, the GH1 and GH2 one before the other, mirror less, interchangeable just to name a few areas and theres options here it's a huge story. Both hacked by vitaliy along with other key contributors. It's spawned a culture, turn of the tide, the cameras themselves have flipped things upside down, industry, consumer and manufactures now geared towards units like it or better. Where seeing a huge change across the board and it needs to be documented before someone else does. So how about it? Agree on a story, shoot style, lenses and other gear, thoughts on (sponsors) (investors) (buyers) then schedule it and hit it hard. The story gets split up and given to those involved we each shoot our parts professionally no monkey bullshit. It all gets delivered to one editor who ever's most professionally suited. So who's in???? I'm not mucken about. There needs to be a suited narrator I'm guessing whoever cuts it or whoever he or she gets as vocal host. ( journalist type ) it be very cool if Vitaliy was the voice. So the story basically involves interviews about the cameras, lenses, the hack, footage shot, key characters and the effect, the impact it's had on well to many to list. Gents it's shot around the world collected synced and cut, polished. Phenomenal if executed well. I'd like the title of writer and I'd like to be able to make a pass on the cut before it's final if thats ok with everyone else.
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • When a crew is assembled and it's final i can begin research and writing, communication is all it takes. I forgot to mention legal, that needs to be sorted.
  • Vitaliy_Kiselev
    stonebat
    cbrandin
    driftwood
    brianluce
    LPowell
    Mark_the_Harp
    mpgxsvcd
    EOSHD
    stefanos

I'm basically talking to you the list above, and anyone else who feels they can deliver the goods or is as passionate about this as i am, so no hurry, when your ready.
  • When all possible and relevant positions have been filled, this topic needs to be taken down. Time to meet the crew communication starts. Via email, Skype or however is most simplest. lets go already!!!!!!
  • I like the idea, but it is a huge undertaking and would require a huge amount of time and effort for it to be done properly. My opinion as a potential viewer or audience is that if I was to watch a documentary about the GH cameras being hacked by Vitaliy and all the other effects that came with that, I would want to see some kind of "input" from the man himself. It is very complicated though, he might not want, might not be interested, might not have the time or energy or a combination of all of that. Then there's the whole question of what type of docu it would be, traditional style with interviews, samples, filmakers work etc . How technical it would be with testing -before&after stuff. Also there seems to be a lot more to look forward to, in terms of GH2 advancements like film modes, HDMI etc. Also, it must be realised that apart from a few dozen obsessed geeks, there isn't a big audience for something like that, which would make funding almost impossible or extremely hard.
    hope this doesn't come up as negativity, but rather as my first thoughts.
  • Hi Stefanos,

Thank you for your input and showing an interest. I Guess I'm passionate about this and believe it can be done and done well because I've worked on things of this scale and larger I understand what it takes, so the thought of doing this and doing it well doesn't hinder my confidence at all. It would require the man himself to be behind it %100. As far as GH2 advancement goes, the doco needs set parameters so it doesn't need to be about whats ongoing or everything for that matter just key elements, whats happened, whats happening and whats to come. It will take commitment yes and it's a lot of work, well this is what i do, I'm a film maker so I'm prepared to put in the work. It would be traditional format doco, it's the content and subject matter that would shine, with support from potential sponsors you will be surprised with what a little marketing power can do. I think you underestimate the size of the audience who would be interested in something like this. Technology, off and online culture, consumer market, prosumer market, social networks, manufacturers. Shot around the world collated to one edit suit cut and polished, even how we do this is a story in it's self as most of us will probably never meet. The idea is pushing the envelop.
  • So if someone can convince Vitaliy to come on board we can begin. The rest will come together if we work together to a set plan. It isn't to be rushed so it doesn't require giving up all your time. Please give this some serious thought.

R
  • -

Once a team is assembled and positions agreed on, communication can start. At a glance, The easy part is, each individual is given their part of the story to shoot and tell, which parts? well that would come from the script which i can begin to write if i could just get people to commit. The hard part is deciding on the depth and parameters of the story, sponsorship, legal and safe delivery of large files. We all have gear. Theres really no excuse to not give this a decent shot. Maybe it's about money and credit, if thats the case take the idea, your welcome. Plenty where that came from.
  • I am not interested and do not understand all this.
    Hence, closed.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions