Personal View site logo
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @EYESOUL I had my shutter at 125, used intravenus, I shot with the kit len, smooth 0,0,0,0 and uhh yeah anything I left out?

• @DeShonDixon I like the effect in the first part of the video,yea there is a big quality drop between the two performances..so what settings did you use for your shots?

• Everything with the white kid in it was shot by me with the GH2 and the middle part with the black guy idk some random dude shot it with idk what and I edited the video so yeah....

• Here's a grab out of the camera with nothing done using Boom on my PSA. Meant to use CM Night but we forgot to switch the cameras over from the day stuff we shot with Boom. Think it turned out pretty well with the lighting. Shot at 640 ISO with a Rokinon 85mm at f2.8. I love all these damn Rokinon/Samyang Primes. I shot my day stuff with the 14mm Cine and 24mm Cine. I'll post some grabs from that too. All on Boom.

Screen shot 2012-12-02 at 2.05.25 PM.png
    1433 x 772 - 984K
  • Just to let you know Cluster DREWnet GH3onaGH2 1080p25 nor 720p50 does not span on sandisk 64gb 45mbs stops after 1 x 4.3 file. The closest with 1080 25p was cluster 5 i think(sandisk 30mbs). Clauster 5 and 6 may span on 720p50. It was worth to try.

• Hi! Is it possible: ReAQuainted_AQ3 (Nick Driftwood) + GH3onaGH2 matrix Test?

• Little video I tossed together filmed with Drewnet Cluster V6 color graded with Color GHear

• Posted this question on the beginners hack thread, but thought I'd ask here quickly- better to use a non-intra patch for spanning at 24H, or an intra patch at 24L? Reason I ask is that I really like the rendering of AN BOOM!, but of course can't span at 24H since I haven't invested 250.00 in two 95gb/s cards.

• Sweet video examples guys. Great work. :-)

• This is another one i filmed in the club. i use cluster 6 drew because driftwood said cluster 7 is just experimental. lens: magic slr 12mm f1.6 @ max 1250 iso. profile smooth all -2

• Shot with the BOOM! Patch. Thanks @Driftwood

• GH2= Lumix 14mmm AN v6Nebula, HBR 30p 40Mbs- extreme low light

• Nick, Thanks so much for your great hack. I used it tonight for an interview. It was such a breeze to use with my GH2. This is the first hack in a long time that didn't have any spanning issues. The longest segment I recorded was about 12 minutes long. I used it with a sigma lens on one GH2 and the pancake 20 mm on the other. 24H, 1080P/24. *** NEW *** Quantum GH3 Matrix Test Setting for the GH2 ! Keep up the good work.

• I'm quite confused here, I could be wrong but how was it possible to know of the GH3 Matrix during October when the camera wasnt even released yet???

Also either way, how does GH3onaGH2 compare to previous patches like 444Sharp etc.?

• @producer The first half is only adjusted for contrast. Once the rock music kicks in there was also a tint of blue and unsharp mask.

• @jebsly: is your GH3 matrix video straight from the camera, i.e. not post edited or graded?

• @fredfred27 Thank you! Wow, isn't the Adagio so touching?

@driftwood Thank you for your hard effort into all the GH2 projects. Your work is highly appreciated :-)

• Christmas season question 1 :what setting is gonna get released for gh2 in christmas???

• Messing around today and shot this using the GH3 matrix. Really liking this setting.

• @vicharris I'd try shooting some stills as well with the exact same focus and aperture, so you can compare to your footage. I would say f/8-f/11 would be an ideal range (that's quite often a sweet spot in terms of sharpness for many lenses, but it can differ). By comparing a still to a frame of footage, you'll get an idea if the patch is influencing image quality. Just a thought.

• Got it. Well it goes 16, 22 so I'll just stop at 16. That should be good enough. Thanks for the help. I have to go do a camera test at a location tomorrow so hopefully I'll remember to know this out then too.

• I wouldn't stop all the way down- there is a point of diminishing returns with lenses, esp. long lenses when stopped down too much. I did a quick look-up of specs on that lens: f/16 and greater and diffraction starts to inhibit lens performance.

• @virgilr I used the Fader ND on all the shots but I'll go out and try it with the lens stopped all the way down and see if that helps.

• @vicharris Well seems like you were in a fairly controlled situation to me in terms of your setup- just wondering, though- you said you used a fader ND, wondering if that had anything to do with the problem? I'd try a few test stills in similar lighting/focal distance conditions w/o a fader, stopping down the lens to proper exposure or near and see what you get?

I do know that 105mm-f/5.6 would make critical focus VERY touchy- I have a great tamron adaptall 90mm sp2 that is very sensitive at mid-long distant shots in terms of focus, esp. when it's not stopped down much. A millimeter of focus throw and you've gone from sharp to crap.

• @virgilr The wide was taken with a Nikon 105 2.8 AI lens at 5.6. So, not a bad piece of glass. I also have the same shot with a Rokinon 85mm 1.4 and it looks the same. I was on sticks and pulled critical focus on the girl. I also used a LCW Fader but it was used on the Med and CU shots too and they look fine. I'll prob go out and try to recreate it with my Pany 14-140 and see what that looks like. Also maybe play around with exposure or use a MB and Tiffen 4x4 ND's instead of the fader ND. I'm sure I can tweak it in post a bit but it's bothering me that they are so different and if I did something wrong, I'd love to learn what it was and fix it!