Personal View site logo
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @shon no sound of anyone here. last 30 days personal-view seems to be very inactive. any reason??

• I noticed the same. Its kinda weird. Also all the other setting threads are kinda inactive. As if the GH2 was dying patient or something. Although its still by far the best camera in that price range. And who knows if the GH3 will ever be hackable or how long it will take...

• @Mirrorkisser

Dying patient..That's a sad way of putting it.

• @maddx1930 Whether it is trick or treat , everyone is waiting for the most filmatic patch. Boom and intravenus are still experimental. The true performer is still Sedna A AQ1.

• @rajamalik

or cm night and day

• @rajamalik I like sedna, don't get me wrong, but there are several other patches people use for various different needs. Sedna is a true performer for "you" and your needs.

• grade.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 376K
  • @rajamalik Perhaps because of the fact that no new patches :)

• sedna has the best RGB balance in my opinion, cause w/CanisMajoris had to pull down the blue channel all the time. I think people are waiting for the best all around setting few people like to experiment

• I´m shooting a full lenght feature in november 9. PLease!!! Cinema smooth matrix!!!!! jajaja

• Hi, I really like many of the settings @driftwood has created along with the other talented creators here. I do use Sedna aq1 a lot, otherwise the cluster series. One thing that really seems to make the difference (in taking off the video edge in post) is adding a few percentage points opacity of actual film grain overlay. Under that I add a little tinting in a warm tone rather than "colour correcting" the shot. Adjusting the curve seems to help . Even the pana/leica lens can be tamed this way. Hope this helps for you folks looking for that elusive film look. Happy cinemaphotography!

• @GravitateMediaGroup @Shon @cam_boy thats not i meant. what i meant to say is so simple, canis majoris series didnt get its last AM setting so its not completed. Sedna Series is complete the AQ1 versions of all 3 sednas are superb. Sedna A AQ1 is the most details and it grades better than any other patch. canis night blue issue is not present in any sednas. Quantum v9b is considered as the most successful patch with default matrix. sedna A AQ1 overrided quantum9's reach. cluster is an all rounder for most sd card holders. but it isnt a top notch.cluster is reliable and good for documentaries.until intravenus cinema smooth matirx's release Sedna A AQ1 is the one and only patch for cinematographers. what do u say??

• @ driftwood Getting great results with Apocalypse Now Boom - thanks. No crashing. Grades perfectly. Image quality great. I've probably recorded 30 clips with it, and only twice I was unable to play it back in the camera. A small inconvenience for such superb quality. Planning to shoot a feature film and will use Apocalypse Now Boom for all shots. For that shoot I'll probably pick up a Toshiba Excite 10 Tablet which has SD card slot and use that to review any shots where the playback didn't work. Thanks for your great work.

• @rajamalik... have u tried boom v1? its also a good choice i believe.

• I haven't tried Boom! yet, mostly because I like cbrandin's 444 simulated matrix, which Boom! doesn't use. But I did try Intravenus and Nebula. I ended up going back to the DREWnet 12/15 Soft patch. It's just the best looking footage I've ever gotten out of this camera.

• @Jim_Simon I was wondering when using DREWnet 12/15 simulated matrix did you notice any strange behavior?I saw someone had posted a video earlier in the forum about some kind of issue that occurred in all Cluster 7 versions except sharp2,something about frame dropping causing the footage to have a glitchy type behavior (don't quite know the technical description of the issue) has this been your experience? thanks..

• @EYESOUL Here Cluster v7 12/15 GOP 444 Sharp Matrix

drewnet cluster v6 VS drewnet v7-nebula 444 soft
    Video recording is done at 720p, 60 fps.

• Does anyone know if the Boom V1 ini file has the Pasadena Pulse Audio V2 Beta 2 settings included ? if not how would i be able to merge it into there ?

• @kritzresn almost every recent hack has it. Boom intravenus and upcoming hacks included. go for it, happy shooting !!

• I´m using drewnet shap2 and i love it, but i feel that something more"distant" is needed, it feels a little bit video... i own a hvx200 and if i compare them both, the gh2 has a lot more detail, but the hvx200 has a more cinemtaic look. Cant find the reason why... maybe is the 24p? Maybe is the softness??

• Driftwood Cluster V7 4-4-4 -soft -Lumix 14/2.5 -O-O-C

My first one .

• I'm using Driftwood's AN 444 Soft, and have seen some major issues with motion on some shots. I shot an interview last week with my GH2, and some of the B-roll shots with a lot of movement show terrible artefacts. See for example 1:00, 6:45, 9:06, 9:52 and 12:30.

I used Clipwrap to convert the MTS files to MOV before importing and transcoding in FCPX.

Anyone seen this type of problem before? Shot with 1080p24 using Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 at 160 ISO. Motion at 7:32 is just fine. I didn't change any settings in the camera when shooting the B-roll, some of which was before and some after the interview.

• @ahbleza - That is nasty at 1:00! Do your original MTS have this issue? Have you tried importing the MTS without Clipwrap first?

• I remember some other people mentioning clipwrap as causing issues with gh2 footage, could you perhaps try to do the something similar with "5DtoRGB" by converting the original full MTS to ProRes format for those specific sequences where you see artifects ?

@rajamalik thanks for the confirm.