Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • hello everyone,

I wanna try Apocalypse. What kind of cards I have to buy ?

Transcend 64 GB Class 10 SDXC Ultra Speed 25MB/S Flash Memory Card TS64GSDXC10 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XIB9T6/

Or SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-064G-X46 http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-UHS-1-Memory-SDSDXPA-064G-X46/dp/B005LFT3UW/

Thank you so much.

• @david_d I have two flash drives. With Transcend freezes for a picture in the video at 720p, 60 fps, if you shoot a lot of details, sometimes 1080 60i (6 GOP Nebula). We have to remove the battery. Sandisk is much safer.

• @Shon Tahnk you so much. So Scandisk is better and safer. How many minutes can I shoot with a 32 GB and with 64 GB ?

Thank you again!

• @david_d Speed ​​is always changing, in the faint light bitrate drops to 30 megabits, or when the frame few subjects in bright light, when a lot of detail, the speed is increased to 50 - 60 megabits, I can not say how long it will take a video camera writes 2:00 and 10 minutes, it is not true, in fact, get more.

• @Shon thank you. But, just approximatively... how many minutes can i shoot for a 32GB (for example for an interview inside)? How much for the same with a 64GB?

Thank you so much

• @david_d Do the math on a calculator. Take the average bitrate, 40 megabit, divide by 8, you get 5 MB, flash drive will be filled by 5 megabytes per second. Bitrate is small, but when recording in 60 fps 720p camera slows down, it first saves a record in itself, and then spits out the information, so lacking speed. Show you how. Video rec: "1 - 2 - 3 ----- 5 - 6 ------ 9 this place "----" camera slows down, saving up inside yourself, then when the countdown is over, she can spit on the flash drive about 30 megabytes, and if flash drive is slow, it is not a stand. Recording in 1080 24p goes well on any USB flash drive 10 class, and can be 100 Mb, the camera writes smoothly and saves the video itself.

• I tried the new Transcend 32gb Class 10 85mb/s. No improvement over older Transcend cards in the GH2. No spanning and Apocalypse Now still only records 1 minute on my motion death chart.

I have decided to stick with Sandisk 64gb 95mb/s as it is the only 100% reliable card out there.

• Dear @Shon : as I record mainly in 1080 24p, does it means that any USB flash drive 10 class works or not ? Not sure to understand you well.

My best.

Dear @sohus: thank you too!

• @david_d Yes, that's right. But only if the bitrate is not more than 100 megabits. If it will be more flash drive can not write that down, stop recording, or the photocamera is hung. Stable recording 24p, 75 - 80 megabits if the file is written to a fragmented space on the flash drive, a 100 megabit it may stop the USB flash drive must be completely clean program SDFormatter, that there were no surprises. I know that the hack will be developed, will be setting all intra, 144 megabit, maybe even more, and you will want to use it, so I suggest you still buy sandisk 64 - 95 Mb / sec.

• Filmed with the GH2 and the ever reliable Sedna Q20 patch. The 7-14mm f4.0 lens was used for all shots.

• Shot with CM night and a 50mm FD 1.8 lens, at 1.8 or 2ish (I made it stepless, so it's hard to know). This is not my finest work, but I was really impressed with the color after adjusting the K balance to 4200. This was as per the advice of a forum member (sorry not sure who). The settings were Cinema -2 -2 -2 -2. This was the bands first live performance and conditions were less than ideal. Brave girls.

• what is the most stable intra patch for intense detail at the moment?

• any news on VY Canis Majoris 'VYCM Etc' mode? It was announced on the original Canis thread

• Quick Canis Night vid from my NYC trip:

• Filmed using Cluster v6 Drewnet and a couple of old manual lenses.

• ClusterV6 DrewNET

122.jpg
    1289 x 681 - 290K
  • @nhaudio me too waiting for canis majoris day AM.without this canis series will not be completed. So hopefully after intravenus we could expect canis AM.

• @rajamalik or you can give Nick Driftwood a much-needed break after creating such amazing matrices for this camera.

• Some manual lenses funny test on GH2, SEDNA AQ1 hack

• @valpopando very nice footage !!! the Voigtländer is the king...!!! i have the 25mm

• Hi guys I need a favour I made this short video with canys majorys day, now it is in a contest could you please give me your vote, Just press "Votar" button.

http://www.cortodeazucar.com/cuidate

Thanks in advance.

• @Lambo ThanKs Mate , I would like to get 25mm too !! but I have to rob a bank :)))))

• Some quick canis day test shots, with a little 3 way color wheel changes.

• @valpopando oh yes, the prices....:-))))