Personal View site logo
PV member? MUST vote inside! A new career can start
  • 133 Replies sorted by
  • I liked it, interesting concept, voted

• Voted and Good Luck!

• I saw all the finalists, i voted the one i prefer: yours. Good luck!

• yea, it's damn good... voted for you... thumbs up man, good luck :)

• Guys, also ask to put his video in your blog, if you have one, or just in some video gallery.

As he still has some time to win, and victory is not that far.

• Checked out the others and thought yours was the best. Great work!

• Nice idea, nice work ! Voted

• your support is truly GREAT.

Share it on FaceBook if you can, it's so easy to vote with it and.. to make it go viral !

• In case anyone has not been following the results.

• Paolo (@Jupiter1) has 501 votes. Unfortunately the leader has 572.
    • Voting closes on the 28th.

Like Paolo said, you guys are helping close the gap. If we get a few more people, he could win. :)

• The GH2 at its best. Wish you success. Just a quick note. You got my vote!

• You got my vote! well done, thats really cool.

• voted! great video! I am very impressed.

• Impressive video love the whole concept & specially the images. Keep up the good work, by the way just voted for you.

GOD Bless

• Voted, and definitely better and more original than the one in the top spot in my opinion.

• Voted! Very nice work.

• Ok something is very wrong here. The other guy just put up about 2000 votes in a few hours. I call BS on this one. He was consistently staying about 100 votes ahead and then BAM 4 times as many votes in a few hours on the last day.

He is probably having people create multiple accounts and voting many times. I wrote an automated script once that would create an email account and then sign up for a sweepstakes. I had a dial-up modem at the time so it would disconnect, grab a new IP address, and then repeat the process.

Can anyone find out how the other guy got so many votes so fast?

• @mpgxsvcd

He is not the one only. Another guy already passed 3rd place and will catch up tomorrow. Having much more votes than viewes. :-)

As for so quick votes. Other theory is just major prime time local TV spot. At least you can see surge in likes on vimeo and they are all local.

This surge also happened during Vimeo statistics turn off.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Yes you are right. I see that the statistics for the other two videos are not working anymore. I tried to trace where their videos had been posted online to see if that is where the traffic is coming from. There were some reddit and other posts but none of them had any attention.

The guy leading has only gained a couple of followers in the last few days. No way he has convinced more than 2000 people to simultaneously sign up at Rode and vote and only gained a couple of people as followers.

If they simply go the word out to more people then that is fair. If they are running an automated script then that is not. I wonder if Rode will check into voter fraud or not?

• @mpgxsvcd @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I would not worry too much - they seem to be periodically correcting the votes.

For instance, the other day The Collector had 792 votes. It is currently showing 710.

My read on it is that their script (or manual correction) is setup to work retroactively rather than at the input stage.

• just my 2 cents.. Prime-time TV ? Well, I used to work for a TV (Sky) and I tell you that the prize is simply not worth the AD investment. You'll end up in misery :-)

Love you guys

• "life is a soundcheck" 3677 votes ... lol

• @mpgxsvcd I was trying to make the checks you did. Except the thousand of votes in a few hours, there's nearly zero attention on their videos in embedding sites. Smell of script here...

• Are the results finalized?

• @thepalalias

I have no idea.

Rode guys completely fucked the contest, this is that I know for sure.