Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • Sad to see the multi-aspect sensor go. I actually prefer taking 16:9 stills over 4:3, but that means a loss in resolution now...

• Anyone know Japan release date?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Dieter mentioned that the marketing manager had a second GH3 around his neck. So at least there are two. In science, do it once, it can be a fluke. Do it twice, it's a proof of concept. If we spot a third in the free, mass production and availability for Christmas? :) Not counting the inflatable ones that Igor photographed…

• Does anybody now who much the GH3 kit with the 12-35mm X lens will cost. I think Panasonic has the kit as DMC-GH3A

• After watching the "cat" video.. I think it´s a bit sad to see that there still is quite a bit of jitter. (don´t do handheld if you have shaky hands!) Obviously, I wouldn´t count on ruling out stabilization - but it only seems a tad improved over the gh2.. The image is not entirely problem free to be honest, but it certainly looks workable.

• Hello I'm french GH user early adopter and I manage a blog. I worked close to Panasonic do gives them some ideas for GH3. I had chance to play with a prototype of GH3 since few days. It's written in french but you can use google translate to read it http://pampuri.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/panasonic-lumix-gh3-premier-week-end-passe-avec-un-prototype/

• The "Cat" video looks very disappointing. Colors are too cranked up to judge image quality. I has a very plastic feel to it. A lot of detail, (the cat´s hairs) but no decent gradation and bad skin tones, even with natural lightning. But it is a prototype...

[Video is on GH3 wiki or earlear in the topic]

• @tired I have asked about the 29.59 limit. The answer was not 100 % sure but he said, that he thinks it is still there, BUT, the GH3 starts to write a new file aferwards and that without interruptioon of the video!

But not 100 % confirmed.

• OK, short version of the press conference (15 min) is up. Only GH3 presentation.

http://www.personal-view.com/photokina/coverage/press-conference

or here

I will upload the long version now.

• Frame Simple, if you are disappointed don't buy it, people yes cry and cry,they want Alexa quality in a 1300$ budget camera LOL

• Guys, I'll be removing links to speculations here from time to time. As it is topic about already announced camera.

• @AKED did you get any info about the HDMI output? 4:2:0 4:2:2 ?

• @mrgroove Thanks for your thoughts on the GH3 and the video.

I have a question regarding flat picture profiles. Did you discover anything that could achieve this? I've read you can lower contrast to -5 now instead of -2. Does this help getting a flatter image or did they just make finer increments?

• I wonder if the -5 to +5 might be the same as the -2 to +2 ... more steps .. same range.

• Man I hope the few rummors about hdmi out being 4:2:0 aren't true. 4:2:2 would be a major reason for me to get this camera despite my early reservations.

• @kavadni

You asked for more steps, they delivered. :-)

• @L1N3ARX

Something tells me that HDMI issues still persist.

They always mention HDMI as intended for monitors.

• @L1N3ARX .. same here.

My main gripe will be if they cripple the hardware with the software .. I may be wrong .. but I imagine it takes more effort and work to make it output 4:2:0 instead of 4:2:2 .. Vitaliy can probably clarify that.

• Any1 else dropped 'Genesis' download into their timeline? Its super compressed an all......but there is so much colour information and so much latitude. Made me realise how flat the finished video was an probably why people said it was 'soft'.

• @vitaliy

You asked for more steps, they delivered. :-)

Haha I didn't ask .. I just wondered now .. it's may be a bit like the spinal tap volume control that goes to 11 instead of 10

• but I imagine it takes more effort and work to make it output 4:2:0 instead of 4:2:2

Nope. Both can be made without effort. It depends from many things. By idea it can be made full 4:4:4 without problems if it is designed such.

• shlashcam.de says the hdmi is 4:2:0, Voldemort on twitter says "Lot of things not final about this camera. They will have my feedback. No peaking. I told them to make it a priority. " so maybe in final firmware the output will be 4:2:2? let´s see what will panasonic guy tell us when he´ll get our questions.. uncompressed 1080/50p 4:2:2 would be one dream

• @kavadni I have asked, but nobody knew.

All the videos I hav shot, also the ALL-I with 72 bps, were 4:2:0.

But true, this is still the pre-series model. Perhaps....

• Voldemort on twitter says "Lot of things not final about this camera. They will have my feedback. No peaking. I told them to make it a priority. "

Now that he ordered its features to Panasonic I'll rest easy :)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions