Personal View site logo
Hesitations between two lenses to complete my kit
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • Pull the trigger on the 11-16mm, you won't be disappointed. If you buy on used like I did off of craigslist or ebay, you can always sell it for what you bought it for with no problem. And yes, the 25 is not that different from the 35. Most people will not be able to tell the difference with a little hollywood magic of course. If you're looking for the feel of the video you just posted, go with the Tokina for sure. It will give you that feel and it's some damn fine glass!

• What I like about the Panny 14 is the balance of color, detail and lack of distortion. I consider it a very cinematic lens, especially the color and the way the picture develops to the edges of the frame. It looks like a very expensive movie lens. Anyway, at that price it is just an accessory, like a spare battery grip.

• @oscillian @vicharris @DrDave : I choosed the Tokina and ordered it, I am still testing it but for now I'm very happy with this lens, i love the sharpness : not crisp but not soft either ! I'm waiting for the ND and focus ring to arrive, and complete my tests. Anyway thank you all for your replies !