Personal View site logo
GH2 "THIS BATTERY CANNOT BE USED" is a bug or technology trap?
  • Help! My gh2 display "THIS BATTERY CANNOT BE USED" after Insert ohter battery except the original battery, GH2 only recognises the original battery, This is is a bug or technology trap? How can i deal it with ?

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • It is camera feature.

• I don't know how i activate this trap, because I always use third party batteries.

• My DC adapter can not be identified too. To upgrade the firmware cannot solve this problem.

• I finally solved the problem with a clever way.

• @knight999

I finally solved the problem with a clever way.

glad to hear. It would be nice to share your clever way.

• please share this clever way. my gh2 is giving me this problem as well

• I had it happen once. I took the battery out and put it back in. No more problems.

• I just had it happen today with the stock Panasonic battery. I took it out, put it back in, charged it, but no luck. Then I took a cotton swab and cleaned the contacts on the battery and in the camera with a little bit of rubbing alcohol. I figured there was no way that would help because the contacts looked as clean as a bloody whistle and the camera is less than a year old. I'll be damned if it didn't fix it. It fires right up now.

• This is the clerver way. Fool camera that is original battery.

DSC02258.jpg
    500 x 331 - 177K
    DSC02262.jpg
    500 x 331 - 191K
  • I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I have to admit, it does actually look clever...

• Can this hell (vendor locking to batteries) be hacked? I planned to use GH2 with decoupler and doubled external battery packs (FZ1000 works OK with it), but ...