Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood "2K HD resolution 2048 x 1152 pixels - Highest quality MJPEG, Highest qual mjpeg SD."

Hi! For what use is this mode actually for? does it really give more resolution than AVCHD or isn't it just 1280x720 upscaled or something?

• Lets sort out the mess.

CLUSTER

Cluster settings are all about experimentation with different GOPs. Here's the two different variations in these, the new releases of the Cluster v2 series.

v2a = is 12 gop on 24p and 1080i50, 6 gop 720p and 3 gop 1080i60. This settiing is aimed at NTSC users.

v2e = all 6 GOP with 2k rez mjpeg & incam playback. (v2b, 2c and 2d are superceded by 2e) work for both NTSC AND PAL users.

Therefore, anything inbetween 2a and 2e, forget about them!

So, in summary, v2a or v2e are all you need to know about.

• Thanks Nick! I just flashed 2e

• Frame grab and of course...it's raining again with possible tornado's.

cluster-e.jpg
    800 x 450 - 368K
  • @driftwood Loaded Cluster v2e. Is 2k MjpegHD supposed to be playable in camera? It didn't on mine. Apart form this everything is working smooth on 16gb 95mbs SanDisk. Its the first time I try the mjpeg and this one is wicked! Thanks Nick!

p.s. What film mode/setings would you recomend after your usage and testing?

• @thepalalias this is one sharp psychotic pigeon you got there ; )

• Hi. I shot some footage with sedna q20 with b settings. I really like it and it's stable in camera. Everything is great for short takes.

I Just did a spanning test when I got home with sedna Q20 B settings. Scandisk 95mb/s 64 gig. Doesnt span for me. Stops at 11min or so. Pity cause I really love the image quality and its stable in camera. Albi

• Hi. I shot some footage with sedna q20 with b settings. I really like it and it's stable in camera. Everything is great for short takes.

I Just did a spanning test when I got home with sedna Q20 B settings. Scandisk 95mb/s 64 gig. Doesnt span for me. Stops at 11min or so. Pity cause I really love the image quality and its stable in camera. Albi

• Sorry for the multiple posts! Server was acting up.

• @luxis Not psychotic - just intense on camera. I mean, it is a Hollywood pigeon (just a few minutes away from the Walk of Fame) after all. :)

• The 2K mjpeg is really great. My machune says its 30fps, is there any setting for 25fps pal?

• FCPX plays nicely 2k mjpeg files direct from the GH2, but no audio. it sees as 2048x1152 30p 16Khz LinearPCM-Photo Jpeg. Best resolution I ve ever seen on my screen. GH2 does not play the file but it shows jpeg picture of the first frame.

• Is Mysteron or Sedna A1 the sharpest of driftwoods hacks? And is the 2k in cluster v2e sharp that these to even tho its in 30p?

• @benibube re: Left 4 Dead fan film.

It's called having fun. You should try it sometime...

• Thank you Driftwood, Vitality and all the wonderful tester, love the Mjpeg @2k of CLUSTER v2e especially I have the option to crop at 2048*871 in post. This GH2 feels like a new camera to me again with more setting to explore. Thank you all

• @APXmusic, @benibube Not only just for fun but if you create something good and I think they did, it will have a good chance of getting discovered. Take Matt for example, back in the DVX days, he made a mock music video (http://mattmcdermitt.com/uninvited.html) and got discovered. Went on to shooting music videos for some big name bands. Take Rich for instance, made a video for no budget for a small band (http://www.richlee.com/music_videos.php#24270565) and his career started taking off after that. Now he is a major player working with DNA. A really down to earth guy, never seen him show off or brag about his work either. So you see @benibube, be good at what you do and you will get noticed.

• @strancali 7:00AM ... I dont know why some people want to get noticed by doing brainless, senseless, nonsense like that. There are a lot of positive and creative things to do in our world....I do it, noticed !

• tested v2e. Amazing stuff, smooth now, unlike the earlier versions which didn't span and caused my camera to hang

Visually quite close to Sedna, me thinks. More testers pl

• @kazuo did you put up a sample footage? It's 1am here so i'll test it tomorrow

@Benibube I don't know what to say about your comments but it's getting off topic anyways so to each his own :)

• @Driftwood I posted about Cluster V2a in the CM thread (Senility is Hell) and I love it, but last night I had a lot of noise in V2e. I need to try both again. Did any of the changes you made change 720-60?

• Hi all, my first post here. Thanks for all the great work so far, Driftwood's latest settings and Flowmotion V2.01 are my go to settings at the minute (for 24p and 25p respectively).

I'm trying to figure out the best way to shoot timelapse with the GH2 for an upcoming project. I've tried CBrandin's MJPEG 2fps setting, imported it into AE and interpreted the footage as 24p. All seems straight forward.

@Driftwood To benefit from Cluster V2e's MJPEG 2k resolution, is it as simple as changing the fps under the MJPEG setting in ptool from for example 30fps to 2fps? If not, do you think there's a way to achieve this? (If I should start a new thread let me know). Cheers!

• Have a look at Timebuster (the day is not over…) for time-lapse.

• Cluster v2e little test footage

• @Benibube I haven't seen any of your work. Could you post a link?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions