Personal View site logo
Headphones, best affordable
  • 59 Replies sorted by
  • @krotal thanks for explaining. Then I will definitely need "closed" ones to get 100% sound isolation.

@soundgh2 Beyer DT250s runs at £130 - that's too expensive for me.

The purpose of this post is to see if there is some miraculously cheap headphones out there, that offer an incredible value for money, like those cheap Chinese mics or, indeed, like the hacked GH13 and GH2 do.

If not, I'm still tempted to go with the industry standard Sony MDR-7506 (£91 on http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000AJIF4E ). Is there anything out there that is beter value for the money.

• @kronstadt :Semi open headphones are not meant to fully isolate yourself from the environnement, you can hear almost like if you were not wearing headphones. It may be problematic when you're outside.

• Indestructible Beyer DT 250s ( and if you do destruct em you can buy individual bits and not have to throw them away!)

• Thanks @peaceonearth , I watch a review of Superlux HD-668B. Apparently, they are pretty hard on certain ranges, so I might need an equaliser. But I want to just plug into Zoom H1 and monitor what is being recorded. Also the sound isolation is not all that good (so the review says), and I will often be recording in the streets.

@Mr_Moore , any specific model of AKG, or are you recommening all of AKG headphones?

@Gabo Grado SR60i seems okey, but at £90 on amazon, I might as well add another £20 and get the Sony MDR-7506

@Vitaliy_Kiselev and @krotal , what do you mean by "semi open"? and which ones are the "closed" ones?

I also wonder if anyone had any experience with those cheap Chinese counterfeight Sony MDR-7506 headphones from ebay for $30. Are they any good in terms of performance (sound quality, external sound isolation), or are they just designed to look like Sony and that's it?

• Same for Grado SR60i, they are semi open.

• @peaceonearth

Yep, you could find my old topic recommending them. Problem is that they are semi open, so best is to select from closed ones if you do not work at home.

• Grado SR60i.

• Superlux HD-668 B, 29 € - great value for the money. I would not recommend to go for cheaper headphones.