Personal View site logo
All you need to know about Microsoft
  • Windows 7 reached the end of support on January 14 and Microsoft is no longer working on new quality updates for the decades-old OS.

Actually they did not work on any good quality updates for it in years, all they did is introduced new security holes and patched some of them up later.

Windows 7’s last security update breaks down the desktop wallpaper and replaces it with a solid black background. Microsoft has finally acknowledged that Windows 7 KB4534310 unintentionally replaces the desktop background with a black solid colour.

Word "unintentionally" had been proposed by Microsoft lawyers here, as in reality it is opposite.

Hotfix won’t be released to the consumers given that Windows 7 is officially out of support. Yet if your organization has purchased Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU), you can expect Microsoft to resolve the problem by the mid-February.

I just love this. People who made this and who also responded such are not in prison for life, no, they are driving their Tesla's to their rich homes. For making issues they are rewarded, such society is deficient and just wont survive, guys.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • While Microsoft initially said it was working on a Windows 7 fix that would only be available “for organizations who have purchased Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU),” the software giant changed its mind overnight and now says the fix will be available to everyone running Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Public pressure works

New nice joke by Microsoft. Getting rid of your right to turn off computer, may be next will be similar message during booting up?

sa12143.jpg
    761 x 402 - 25K
  • I got this error too. Had to reboot using task manager

• @zcream

Word is that Microsoft fully broken rights management in last update. So, you can try to revert it.

• Is it KB4534310 ? Any idea which one ?

• Try disable Adobe auto updates...

There are multiple threads on reddit that are saying the bug is related to Adobe Premeir and Photoshop being the cause. Copypaste of one below...

"there are multiple reports of adobe as the root cause of this bug if you follow the source topic on reddit, so this is another potential option, just disable or deny updates to adobe DRM services until they fix this."

Another says, "You just have to disable Adobe Services thru the mmc. Funny thing is I had them disabled anyways because I hate that stupid Adobe pop-reminder for a new update everyday."

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html#main_user_account

https://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=15737500&cid=59705956