Personal View site logo
Yet another Lumix LiveView app but for Windows 10
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • @panauser Finally!!! Any issues? Suggestions?

• So far people confirm app does work with GX7, GX80, GX85, G7 and G85.

• Do you plan to release this SW on some other Win systems, besides Win 10?

• @crunchy Very unlikely. It's easier to port it to Android and iOS than rewrite UI for outdated framework. And Win8 Store Apps platform does not support some hardware acceleration feature like 3D LUT.

• @crunchy I implemented synchronized operations in 1.8.0 you can start/stop recording or capture simultaneously and/or set parameters and/or select focus point, manual focus and zoom

• I just successfully connected to a Panasonic GM1 via its built-in access point.

Now, my interest in all of this, and where I am struggling to make progress is: * setting a focus point does not seem to yield any on-screen (visual) feedback (I could not even tell how to get this done) * I'd love to shoot a time series of photos, a) all properly exposed for averaging (simulate ND filter); b) extremes exposed (bracketing) - is there a means to do so?

All this is on Windows 10 Creators Update, non-touchscreen laptop.

I took a very, very, VERY quick peek at https://github.com/Rambalac/GMaster (thank you so much for making this open and public and free!) and wonder whether you are moving this towards a programmability interface? I would be intrigued to learn what a fully scriptable camera could do, e.g. via https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn569260(v=vs.85).aspx, literally along the lines of:

x = 100; while x > 0 * focus on point (x,y) * aperture = 1.7 * ISO = 200 * speed = auto * expose * x--

for totally, totally naive focus stacking (not controlling the focus motor but the focus point).

Or a photo trap - using opencv.org, for instance, to detect something on the preview image, then release the shutter (in full manual focus mode).

This goes a long way towards what camera makers seem to be not doing: taking the hardware features, and exposing the hardware features in a layered fashion to the outside world, both through in-camera UI and through external programmability.

• @DuckAmuck

Can you explain "setting a focus point does not seem to yield any on-screen (visual) feedback" in details? Selected focus point at least of one area should be displayed if not a bug.

I did some preparations for scripting together with synchro feature for multiple cameras. But because app can be used not only on PC it should be something much simpler than PowerShell. Still your stacking example could be possible.

Unfortunately lag between preview and real time is too big for anything useful like trap