Personal View site logo
Neway CT700HO, 1280x800 IPS compact monitor with good features
  • 71 Replies sorted by
  • I really wish this monitor had an indicator for battery life. I hate not knowing how much juice is left on the battery while shooting. This seems like someone that should be standard. Maybe its there and I've not enabled it or something but it really is annoying. Still very happy with the monitor but I find myself swapping out batteries early to be safe which requires a lot more bats.

• Dude, not even my $1000 monitor or my old $1200 Marshall had a battery indicator. You're asking for too much for too little.

• Really? I didn't think that was such a high end feature. lol

I'll just have to get a V mount battery pinch/plate and one of the V mount Sony NP-F adapters and call it a day.

• Really? I didn't think that was such a high end feature. lol

High tech shit (c)

• What is not clear to me, I have Sony NP-F550 batteries, will these work on the monitor? Also, will it work with the BMPCC? I just sent back another Neway monitor, the 5" CL5585h because it does not accept the BMPCC signal, although in the description it claimed to accept 1080p. I is maybe related to the 10bit output, who knows?

• I have Sony NP-F550 batteries, will these work on the monitor? Also, will it work with the BMPCC?

Yep to both.

• Just received this monitor via the PV deal section here - very fast shipping. Works perfect with the BMPCC, also in direct sunlight the screen is usable. As others have mentioned, I am really surprised how good that image is, given the price.

• How does this monitor compare vs the SEETEC 5.6" which is also listed in the deals section?

• @IronFilm

It is larger (7"), has more features, and better panel.

• Is the focus peaking more accurate, or do they both implement it equally well?

• @IronFilm

It is not very different.

• Vitaliy,

Could you include the external dimensions of the monitors in your descriptions? I find that helpful, moreover taking into account the function of these monitors?

JA

• @jaba

I added dimensions to first post.

• Is there a power socket on this model? - I have v-mount battery system mounted on my rig so want to simply cable power to the monitor, rather than use a battery plate/camera battery.

• Is there a power socket on this model?

Yes. Sorry, missed your post.

• Anybody with GH4 and this screen can tell if it works with 24p output?

• Sorry for bumping this again, but I soon need to buy two small screens and I want to make sure they can handle 24hz from GH4. If nobody who owns this screen has a GH4 as well, could maybe someone plug to a PC and set refresh rate manually to 24hz?

• I've got the GH4 and the CL700HO Neway and 4k 24Hz works absolutely fine (down sampled to 1080p auto in camera). I haven't tried it out with 25p or any other modes.

• Does this monitor have aspect ratio guides for 2.35:1 and 2:1?

Start at 35 seconds in to see an example of what I mean (BTW this model looks like it's pretty much the same monitor):

• @akhenig

By idea it must, I do not remember now. Will check.

Send PM to owners above for fast response.

• @akhenig no it doesn't. I can't find it.