Personal View site logo
Introducing Rectilux FF single focus CinemaScope Adapters
  • 52 Replies sorted by
  • RECTILUX5FF_03.png
    916 x 515 - 1M
    RECTILUX5FF_01.png
    916 x 515 - 1M
  • Some more news from Rectilux...

Introducing Rectilux 7FF, the worlds fastest 2X single focus anamorphic adapter in a lightweight package. With its huge ~63mm entrance pupil, the Rectilux 7FF is for film makers who want the monster bokeh aesthetic with real close focusing down to 0.5m.

The Rectilux 7FF supports the following aperture/focal length combinations on 35mm full frame:

1.4/85mm, 1.6/100mm, 2.2/135mm, 2.4/150mm, 3.2/200mm etc

Furthermore Rectilux 7FF harnesses a wide choice of vintage glass chosen from:

Hypergonar HiFi, Bausch & Lomb, Moller, Schneider Kreuznach, Isco, Carl Zeiss, Rathenower, Kowa...

Product specification is here: http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/rectilux-7ff.html

VR demo is here: http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/rectilux-7ff-vr.html

and for lazy mousers..

• Some more news from Rectilux. Earlier I posted some footage from experiments in superwide anamorphic. The Rectilux 9FF now has a face and it is the first incarnation of the various embodiments I have been experimenting with. It is a 2x zoom anamorphic lens, field of view 180-90 degrees. Some product views on my website. http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/rectilux-9ff.html

Rectilux9ff.45.jpg
    916 x 515 - 96K
    Rectilux9ff.42.jpg
    916 x 515 - 86K
    Rectilux9ff.39.jpg
    916 x 515 - 96K
  • Sorry but as a mech engineer those renders are not impressive and does not look like a final product to me. Why this and not a geared 0.8 mod gear for focus? Also I never saw a anamorphic lens with double concave front element like that... Just sayn'

• Looking back I saw you wrote single focus, that explains the focusing part.

• More news from Rectilux...

Rectilux 3FF will be available in two versions,

the wide version Rectilux 3FF-W is guaranteed to fit Kowa 2X (BH, 8Z, 16H) types, Chretien Hypergonar 16 STOP (All 6 variants) type, ISCO ULTRA-STAR 2X (RED, GOLD, STUDIO) types, VIDOSCOPE Super 16mm 2X.

The standard 3FF is guaranteed to fit Möller 32/2X CinemaScope Anamorphot, Kowa Prominar Anamorphic 16-S 2X types, Sankor 16-C 2X types

Specification is at the website: http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/rectilux-3ff.html

VR product view is at http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/rectilux-3ff-vr.html

and for the lazy mousers a vimeo here:

R3ff1.png
    916 x 515 - 2M
    R3ff2.png
    916 x 515 - 2M
    R3ff3.png
    916 x 515 - 2M

Rectilux 3FF will be available in two versions, the 3FF-S version (S for stealth) is the smallest and lightest of all Rectilux, designed specifically for Run n Gun operation and discreet shooting.

Rectilux 3FF-S AnaFocus attachment features Floating Zone Focus as standard and supports 72mm filters. Coupled with fast, responsive smooth and slick single focus, you will never miss a shot.

The pocket size Rectilux 3FF-S is the perfect entry level model for the world of CinemaScope shooting on a budget.

Rectilux 3FF-S is guaranteed to fit 1 Möller 32/2X CinemaScope Anamorphot** type 2 Kowa Prominar Anamorphic 16-S 2X type 3 Sankor 16-C 2X type 4 Prima 16-CS 2X type 5 ISCO S8 2X (with infinity modification) more will follow

Specification is at the website: http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/rectilux-3ff-s.html

VR product view is at http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/rectilux-3ff-s-vr.html

R3FFSFAMILY.png
    917 x 515 - 1M
    R3FFS2.png
    917 x 515 - 1M
  • https://www.shapeways.com/shops/cinemania

We are pleased to announce that we have teamed up with Shapeways who will produce custom accessories based on our designs for our complete range of Rectilux CinemaScope Follow Focus Adapters and Lenses. More about these exciting products can be found at the website

http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/cinemascope.html

The lightweight model 3FF-W and ultralight model 3FF-S both feature a quick change anamorphic lens system. Rectilux has been designed for easy swap out of base anamorphic engines to allow different looks and flares as part of your shooting aesthetic,

Ten scopes are supported from the get go and more are planned.

It literally takes less than one minute to swap out anamorphic lenses.

Each Rectilux 3FF will include all coupling rings and clamps for your chosen base anamorphic engine, with extra ones for different scopes available separately.

Of interest, is the 3FF-S model for the ISCO Animex/S8 which will include an infinity modification kit for seamless integration with the 3FF-S system.

The current supported range below

image image image image image image image image image image

• 3FF Series brochure is now available from here or below

Price & ordering discussions via the website, thanks

image image image image

• 3FF-W ordered! Waiting for prodution to start!

• Welcome to Rectilux Vincent

• ITS OFFICIAL - BOLEX 1.5X SUPPORT CONFIRMED! Body Glove solutions for the Bolex 8/19 and Bolex 16/32 anamorphics, for Rectilux 3FF-S and Rectilux 3FF-W. The images show front and reverse views of the 2 ring coupling solution, the front ring screws into the Bolex filter thread and has an external thread that enables the Bolex to be screwed inside Rectilux, closely mating with the optics and ensuring high centricity with the optical axis. Then the second ring slips over the back of the Bolex and is clamped by the Rectilux, providing a totally enclosed Body Glove. rear filter size is 49mm in each version. Now you can stretch your imagination 3/2x ! image image

• More news from Rectilux…

The pre-production check with the CAD files is now complete, and passed with flying colours.

The agency images that I have been displaying are from the solid model CAD files which have been sent to the precision engineers and converted to machine specific instructions.

In modern CNC systems, end-to-end component design is highly automated using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) programs. The programs produce a computer file that is interpreted to extract the commands needed to operate a particular machine via a post processor, and then loaded into the CNC machines for production.

Read more about CNC here

To demonstrate this I have uploaded the focus ring from a Rectilux 3FF-S to Shapeways and this also passed all their checks. It is available for sale in solid 18 karat gold.

If you want to buy it now go here

Of course this will make the ultra-light Rectilux 3FF-S rather heavy and expensive, so only rich kids will be tempted I suppose. Together with the Bolex Body Glove coupling rings for the Bolex 8/19/1.5x, this agency image is how it will look

Rectilux 3FF series can also be used to focus spherical projection lenses as well as anamorphic projection lenses.

There are now 13 different anamorphic lenses supported by the Rectilux 3FF series quick change system, making it the most versatile precision shooting instrument available today, appealing to a wide market and thus securing its resale value.

The Rectilux 3FF series quick change system, offers less than a one minute swap out in the field for aesthetic reasons such as looks and flares. For example with the 3FF-W model, a shooter can catch the sunrise with a Bolex 16/32, then during the day use a Schneider ES Cinelux (the wide version), then golden hour and indoor shooting with a Kowa BH which has the widest FOV of all projection anamorphics, then sunset and night time in bars and cafes with the Chretien HyperGonar 16.

Several customers have requested all black and so here is the En Noir range.

image image image image image image image image image image image image image

• More News from Rectilux...

I have been asked many times about the focusing details. Version 2 of Rectilux 3FF-W is as follows:

3FF-W has a Focus throw of 170 degrees (less than 1/2 a turn) from 0.6m to infinity, the stroke is 21mm from 0.6m to infinity

One third of the above is devoted to the close range 0.6m to 1m, which means that the Focus throw is 117 degrees (less than 1/3 turn) from 1m to infinity, the stroke is 14mm from 1m to infinity.

Also, for information I have made available for download, the Schneider Kreuznach brochure on the ES Cinelux Anamorphic 2X MC that I have kept in my archives from the period here:

http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/ESanamorpH.pdf

The brochure has a paragraph as follows: "The performance of any lens is determined by the type and quality of the glass used, the elegance of the lens design, and the quality control and skill used in the manufacturing process. The number of elements in a lens design doesn't determine lens quality or performance, it's how well these elements are made and combined, that does."

Those who have been following the development of Rectilux, the original single focus attachment for anamorphic projection lenses, will know that this statement is in perfect harmony with Rectilux design philosophy and manufacturing processes.

Consequently, I truly believe that the only available single focus attachment which is capable of unleashing the performance of this remarkable optic is the one you see above.

The introductory offer for batch 1 Rectilux 3FF-W will close on February 10 2015. If you want a Rectilux 3FF-W quickly, don't forget the bus will leave on this date.

• Looks great. Absolutely would try out

• Rectilux is coming !!!

• FLOATING ZONE FOCUS EXPLAINED

Nikon calls this Close Range Correction and Canon calls it Floating Element, so for the sake of accuracy Rectilux calls it Floating Zone Focus.

Back in the day, when lenses were focused by moving the whole cell forward and back from the film plane, it was noticed that when close focused, the image quality suffered. For example, it is usually found that say a vintage 135mm lens would typically be limited to 1.5m close focus for this reason.

Nikon found that by shuffling the distance between lens elements, using a mechanical cam system that they could tighten up the dispersion of the imaging rays to give much improved close focusing capability. Rectilux does the same thing but manually as detailed below.

As you know Rectilux 3FF-W will focus from 0.6m to infinity when the anamorphic and taking lenses are simultaneously set to infinity.

Call this configuration ‘INF-INF’

Now say you are on set and the shot list says you don’t need to focus on anything beyond 5m. Just set your anamorphic and taking lenses simultaneously to 5m. Call this configuration ‘5-5’. Thus 5m is the new infinity and means that you can shoot from 5m down to much closer than 0.6m (I will leave you to do the calculation) and the close shots will be much crisper than the configuration ‘INF-INF’. Of course the whole stroke is available to you, so much precise focus is easily obtained.

Now say you have a romantic candlelit dinner scene. You want lots of bokeh and also want to use it to blot out background distractions. Storyboard calls for reverse head shots and you tell your AC to configure Rectilux to ‘2-2’, meaning set the anamorphic and taking lenses simultaneously to 2m, so now 2m is the new infinity and gives you very close focus capability, so that when the guy proposes and puts the engagement ring on his GFs finger you are there to scoop it up, filling the frame with this shot.

I suspect now you will come to realise the additional advantage of the quick change system, enabling you or your AC, to quickly remove the scope and set it to the desired ‘X-X’ configuration and put it back ready to shoot.

• watch in 4K

• its quite nice. my first days with it:

• Rectilux 3FF-W, ES Cinelux and F2/55mm Cine Xenon prime lens tested. 16Megabyte RAW stills available here: http://tinyurl.com/nvzmtap

• Are there threads to attach an ND in front of a 3FF-W if I want to? I also saw on your brochure two prices, a 695 and 549 GBP, what's the difference?

• @HillTop1 95mm threads.

• Some Rectilux 3FFW videos

First from Tito Ferradans and second from Producer Director Zak Forsman