Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • not mine Nick, just sharing an amazing looking video. I've still yet to purchase the GH4, but videos like this are making the decision super easy.

• Interesting Lightboard Design with a GH4 & YAGH setup at its heart.

Link: http://www.phys.ufl.edu/~mocko/Lightboard_Design.htm

• GH4 + Tokina 11-16, Sigma 18-35, Nikon 75-150 (with Speedbooster of course). Non-slow motion clips are downscaled from 4K.

• New short film shot with GH4:

• Sigma 30mm 1.4 200 ISO Shot at Cinema 4K

• I used my GH4 recently for a guitar playthrough video of one of my bands. Every shot in this video is with the GH4 minus the low wide shot, that was my GH2. I never really gave much thought to the usefulness in post when shooting 4k, but I now love it. Every camera pan and zoom in the video was done in post.

• Got the GH4 two days ago and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Anyway, I've got a stills from 4K video question. I know that I can grab an 8.3MB jpeg pic from within the camera itself using either the 4K Photo mode or 4K Looping Photo mode. I've done both and it's a nice feature. My question, however, is when I do it from Premiere Pro. I created a 4K timeline and put the 4K clips on it. I found the still(s) I wanted and clicked on the export frame button. I'm then given a choice of .bmp, .jpeg, .tiff and a few others. If I choose .jpeg it ends up being about a 2MB pic. If I choose the .tiff it's about a 27MB pic. I took both the .jpeg and .tiff exported frames into Adobe Camera Raw and pushed them around. They looked the same to my eye. So, am I getting any benefit at all from getting my stills from within Premiere Pro and using .tiff or should I just stick with doing it with the in-camera method? It might be painfully obvious to many, but I'm not good with this stuff so I'm going to ask anyway. Thanks.

• @aaronchicago Your films are awesome man. Loved it!

• A music video from Mauri D.Galiano

• @ragnar I think the only reason to use photo mode instead of video mode are the different image ratios (and looping, when needed). Moreover, if you create stills in-camera from photo mode you get exif data in the file. And no matter how you get them, pics from 4k video with the GH4 are just awesome

• @IVIaverick52

If I could play guitar like that, I'd never make another movie. Reminiscent of Beck's Scatterbrain.

• This is Lombok. GH4 C4K. Cinelike D, all setting to -, pedestal 15, I Dynamic Off - Lumix Lens 7 - 14 - Lumix Lens 14 - 140 - Glidecam HD2000 - Dicapac Water Proof Case WPS5 - Sandisk Extreme 64GB 60MB/s

• Hi All, How do you get the 4K photo mode to work? I upgraded to the new firmware and feel like I have tried every variation of settings on the camera, but the 4K PHOTO (off) field remains grayed out and inactive! Thanks in advance for any guidance.

• Try it in Movie mode.

• Thanks. Yes, I had it in movie mode. If anyone else has this problem. I finally found you have to set the System Frequency to the 59.94 setting (in NTSC anyway), then the 4K photo mode will activate. So question resolved.

• The sales of the Panasonic 4K cameras is strong. Panasonic says they are selling about 2.5 times more than expected.

http://business.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/topics/20141016/272653/?P=1&rt=nocnt

If the expectations were such as I think sales are quite shitty. :-)

• I have LG F6 smart phone with NFC. I could not figure out how to connect GH4 with Panasonic Image app by NFC. I had to scan QR code to connect. If some one could point me to. Thanks a lot.

• A test to see how usable is the slowmo. A bit soft, but very much usable, I found some terrible moire though, I had to discard footage. Saigon, vietnam

• The Rectimascop 48/2x Anamorphic Lens arrived in the mail today.
    I'm still waiting for the clamp to properly connect it to the GH4 lens, but I couldn't wait to try it out, so I did some test shots in my living room, connecting the Rectimascop to a Helios 44/2 lens using a reverse macro ring.
    It's not properly aligned, as you can see from the flares, but I love the character and the new artistic possibilities opened by the new 4K photo mode with its new aspect ratios (1:1, 3:2, 4:3).
    I'm also waiting for a diopter from Ebay to shoot closer objects.

GH4, Cine D profile, Helios 44/2 lens, Rectimascop 48/2x Anamorphic Lens
    Music by me.
    Edited with FCPX.
    All flares were done in camera. :)

• Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. Can someone who ACTUALLY OWNS an Australian GH4 verify that it can record video for more than the 30 min that the European PAL model is limited to? A local dealer told me there is no cap, but when I phoned Panasonic I was told there is a 29' 59" cap.

• @jp47 I purchased locally (Gerry Gibbs) and there's no time restriction if you choose a data format of MOV or MP4 [LPCM]. I've recorded both 4K and 1080p footage for longer than 30 mins without issue. You end up with multiple files as they span at 4gb.

The manual says there's a 29:59 limit for FHD if you choose MP4.