Personal View site logo
Metabones lens speed booster adapter, focal reducer
  • 873 Replies sorted by
  • (on a completely unrelated note, why do links to EOSHD show up like that?)

"Not everybody" here is a fan of his blog ;)

• does anybody know where to get the c/y to mft speedbooster in Germany or anywhere whithin Europe releatively cheap (< than 400€ if possible)?

thanks in advance

• @htf Have it shipped directly from them. I did without any problem, but of course you'll need to pay taxes and custom fee (which a dealer would add plus his/her profit anyway).

• Can't wait for the GH4 version coming out

• @ntsan What GH4 version?

• @CFreak

He is talking about the version that will be made specifically for the GH4. Glass will be closer to the sensor so wider field of view etc. I wish they had a version that could communicate electronically with the Nikon lenses to control the aperture on the G series lenses.

• Just a head's up for people considering the Rokkor MD to mFT SpeedBooster: They list three lenses as incompatible without modification. None of my MD lenses work without modification! I've tried 5 different models not listed on their website, so that's at least 8 and I'd guess ALL MD lenses need modification.

Their tech support answer to my queery: "Cut 2mm off of the pin." Their answer to my comment that their advertising is false? "Please cut 2mm off pin." I really would like a non destructive method. I read the post from @fredfred27 about filing the side of the pin a bit. That sounds like a good option unless I could disassemble the rear mount and remove the pin in a way that it could be restored. Has anyone done that or know if it's possible?

Thanks!

• @David_Smith I used a nipper plier to cut off some piece of the pin (you should ask someone to assist). I would not file something from the side. Yes - theoretically its still usable with the original system - but i think the chance of damaging the SpeedBoosters lens while mounting it will still be high. Also the pin material is really hard and filing/sawing will take time + wear out the lens optics.

I had the problem with 135mm f2.8 and 35-70mm f4. The 50mm f1.4 was fine.

• @David_Smith I used a dremmel to file the pin flat on the inside until it clears the Speed booster lens holder. It is not difficult and it is fairly quick. I used paper towels to protect and isolate the glass on the lens. Use a cardboard with small hole so only the pin to be filed sticks out... Al

• I would like to buy a cine lens Samyang 24mm T1.5 ED AS IF UMC (nikon mount) someone could tell me if there are problems with SpeedBooster metabones nikon g to MTF ? thx

• @ umla, @ aljimenez, Thank you both for your (different personal view) replies! I'll certainly ponder the different approaches.

• @volpopando - don't believe there are any problems. Why not check their website?

• @mrbill

thx mate , I've already sent mail to metabones , they said no problem with samyiang lenses

• hello everyone, i just bought myself the Panasonic LA7200. and i'm shooting on a GH2 with the speedbooster adapter.

i'm considering of buying these canon FD lens but afraid it might not work; Canon FD 17mm f1.4 and 85mm f1.8

can anyone with experience of these combination share some advise?

thanks.

• Here my test with Metabones speedbooster at 4K with few nikkor lenses and tokina Wide zoom Thz @Azo and @goanna and @mrbill for help !

• EF to m43 speed booster just released! check metabones site

• @chauncy

Keep PV standards.

• Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
    • Makes lens 0.71x wider.
    • Build-in electronics to control lens aperture.
    • The lens aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.