Personal View site logo
Part II : sharp pocket anamorphic set on OM-D
  • Hi my anamorphic friends ! Here are some new stuff taken with my favorite light and sharp anamorphic combo. Tell me what you think ! Thanks for watching !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43243778@N04/10688604023/

This movie has been shoot a week-end mid october in Bordeaux, and first week-end of november in the countryside. I'm glad to have now I think the perfect anamorphic set combination for my baby Hypergonar anamorphic lens. I bought few weeks ago a used Qioptiq C-mount lens, usually used in industry. This lens is very sharp, even at it's fastest aperture (f1.6) and this wide aperture is still usable with the anamorphic on it ! Some of the shot of the movie had been taken at f1.6.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5543/10316478935_20d7eb1073_b.jpg

The Filick'r album : flickr.com/photos/43243778@N04/sets/72157636631334626/

It was not possible to screw directly the anamorphic lens on the Qioptiq prime lens because the front barrel is turning when you focusing. So I ordered a special machined flat step up ring to attach the two lens. I've unscrewed the ring on the Qioptiq that is maintening the glass, and replace with the special machined flat ring. Then I screwed on it the original small Berthiot clamp that can align the anamorphic lens. Then I put the baby Berthiot hypergonar in it. The combination suits perfectly ! The weight of this anamorphic combo is quite light. The Hypergonar weight is 57 grams, the clamp maybe 20 grams, the Qioptiq is 210 gram, then the two filters (diopter + variable ND) and step up rings maybe 150 grams. So the total is around only 400 grams ! And finally using the OM-D with it's 5 axis stabilization system with an anamorphic combo is very useful !

Olympus om-d e-m5 / 1080p 30/ Art4 "light tone" mode / no color correction / Qioptiq linosMevis-C c-mount 35mm f1.6 / baby hypergonar 1.75x anamorphic lens / tokina close-up 0.5 / variable ND filter Cokin Pure Harmony / Xume magnetic filter attachments / music, soundtrack vangelis / blade runner

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Vachement bien! J'adore les flaires :)

• Thanks / merci Oscillian :)

• The combo has the poetry and charm of an interesting personality, like your films Sebastien =)
    I never thought I'ld say this, but as much as sometimes the trepidation of your camera distracted me - I remember asking you if a tripod / monopod was on the shop list, je je - I much prefer it than this sensor plane shift that by making the image dance in a warped like pudding never let me forget the 5axIS is working. BTW comment grandit vite ta fille!!!

• Thanks maxr, and I see your point ! There were the same opinion in early 80's about the Steadicam, about it's "ghost" and "floating" presence... Yes my daughter is 9 years old now, time flies !