Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • My GH3 has different HFOV (horizontal field of view) with different frame rates.

The same lens yields a different HFOV on these two settings: 1080/60p/50mbps & 1080/24p/50mbps

60P is wide and accurate. 24P is about 2X less FOV.

What am I missing?

• Very nicely done and GH3 image is killer :)

• Greenbean I think you must have Teleconverter turned on, since it only works at 24p at 60p is automaticaly turned off. Try going to menu and turn ETC off.

• @imaginario - Thank you.

I just figured that out and came here to answer my own question :)

• Hi all, I've tried searching for the answer, I'm sure its been addressed but couldn't find it. Does ETC mode work with HDMI out?

• lioneldm @ I can say that ETC does not work with GH2 when on hdmi.

• To clarify my question does HDMI out work on ETC for the GH3?

• @lioneldm Yes the GH3 HDMI output works when ETC is on. HDMI output works perfect in all modes with the GH3.

• IBC report filmed with GH3 and 12-35 f2.8 lens

• I've got a GH3 and an all-Win7 shop, came out of stills and our machines were built for that. AMD/Radeon sets, really process stills well. However, ain't a video editor out there that seems to like anything but the Intel/Nvidia stuff in the Windows world. Playing video on the internal-monitor whilst in PremPro or AE is ... even at 1/4 res ... choppy at times.

A friend with prior vid experience (4 yrs ago?) and good computer-building skills thinks that changing the codec for working in PremPro/Speedgrade/AE over the mov the camera produces would speed things up ... and has suggested working in Huff YUV.

The stuff I've found on that is it is a 32-bit codec, and I'm all 64-bit ... and I can't see how it would help. I've downloaded the DNxHD material and tried that, no speed improvement noted. Are there any codecs out there that would be good to process in that would speed things up significantly over the GH3 native mov or DNxHD?

I'm thinking that setting up a RAID 0 pair of drives for the working files would be a better use of time right now.

The machine has a four-core AMD chip, 8gigs RAM, and a Radeon graphics card with 2gigs on it ... 120G SSD system drive, 60G SSD "cache" drive, Win7-Ultimate ... and often even whilst in rendering, it's nowhere near maxing the CPU (cores mostly balanced, but at about 50-60% utilisation) and GPU though the RAM can get to 85%.

Neil

• Thank for the share @MikeLinn!. However I do need to explain that this was a preliminary cut, and my iMac's HD died losing project files so I am in need of doing a re-cut. Shorter, fix warp stabilization etc.

• Has the gamma shift problem been fixed yet?

• Wow @GraemeM ...very nice shots! As a snowboarder and outdoors person I love the snowboard shots!

• @MikeLinn Looks great! What settings and lenses? Looked like a fun trip.

• Very Nice reel @GraemeM, really looks great. Which lenses did you use? I have Voigtlander 17.5mm and right now I'm looking for a normal-tele lens that can keep a similar look. And @Mikelinn, also liked very much your video. I'd like to know which slider did you carry for your trip and let you do all those nice shots. I have a slider wich is very heavy and not easy to carry and when I use it it doesn't look as smooth as yours. Thanks everybody very much for all the support I find here in this site.

• @imaginario a wide variety but my main lenses are Lumix 14-140, Opteka 8mm fisheye, Nikkor 28mm f2.8, 105mm f2.8, 50mm f2.0. By far that set of Nikkor's are my favourite, built like a tank.

• Guys I need your advice. I am planning to buy an olympus 14-35 f/2.0 but I also need to be able to do my job, meaning, I shoot weddings and I don't have money to spend for a good wireless follow focus to use my gh3 on steady, so, do you know if you can control using lumix link the focus on a zuiko lens like you control it on panasonic lenses? Please, if someone has the 14-35 or 35-100 zuiko lens test it to answer me, please, because the cost is getting too high and I don't know what to do.

• @GraemeM The reel looked really awesome. What rig were you using for camera stabilization for the slow motion/smooth moving camera in the forest, etc.? Trying to figure out a good stabilization system for my GH3. Thx!

• Hi guys, someone can explain pro/cons of iDynamic and iResolution? in this video i tried to set these to off.

• @jfilmmaker I am using a Flashpoint ZeroGrav stabilizer, just the arm without the vest. http://www.adorama.com/FPSTAB.html For the price this thing is incredible, very happy with it.