Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • @MDavid and @uzland:

Did you install LR 4.3 Release Candidate? THis has support for GH3 RW2 files.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4-3/

• Guys, with Lightroom, plesae, go into Lightroom topic, we have one.

• Another freeware program that works for GH3 raws is Raw Therapee http://rawtherapee.com/downloads

• @Sph1nxster "No results found."

• @Espenb Here you go

GH3 Manual.zip
    8M
  • For some reason I'm not able to download the user manuals on my main PC. But it worked on another one. The 10 MB Advanced user features (320 pages long) was nice to study while I wait for the camera.

• Hope I´m not going offtopic here: At the moment the gh3 can no longer be controlled via wifi when record has been enabled. Basically it would make a lot more sense if focus could be controlled during recording. Any ideas if that will come with fixes in lumix link. Currently the whole wifi functionality seems to be very unstable. Thanks Holger

• @vempire Probably in an update.

Meanwhile, here's a Vimeo transcode of GH3 footage test screengrab - original prores left, h264 /vimeo right.

'People' Screen Grab 1.5Gb 'A' ProRes version.png
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    'People' Screen Grab 350Mb vimeo 'B'version .png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
  • Just recieved my new GH3. Anyone any idea how to change shutter speed in movie mode?

• Yes, you have to set it to M of S mode.

• @dutchAerail. But M or S are functions to take photo's. Am I wrong? I want to change shutter speed while filming.

• @beeldlab, I will send you a PM ;)

• @DutchAerial Found it! Within movie mode there is also the option to change to manual settings.

• Has anyone else noticed the brightness shift on the OLED with the GH3 when in different lighting conditions? It doesn't come across in the footage. Is there any way to nail this down and keep it set at a certain brightness level?

• @vempire @driftwood I received a notification to update my Lumix Link app ( for Android, not for IOS yet it seems ) yesterday and it siad it was to improve the app for the GH3. Just received my GH3 today, charging the battery right now and I will test it. I will tell you if the wifi works on my Galaxy Note 2.

• @uzland When it says 'Connecting' goto your iphone and wifi settings and select GH3 wifi connexion. Once connected the GH3 will tell you to now open Lumix Link App.

• @driftwood that vimeo transcode is blech. what to do?

• So I see that the wifi remote freezes the last frame until the recording is finished in any mode you record. So much for wireless video monitoring :(

• WalterH well its got fuck all to do with nle - im trying a new method shortly - its the usual vimeo/youtube transcode changing saturation Gs and Rs.. MiL

• @driftwood of course it's nothing to do with you - never assumed that. simply bummed to see that the nle to upload moment keeps wrecking images.

• The GH3 has Full Range in its Mov encoder profiles.

So out of the 3 images below, which is which?

Out of these three images, one is the original from camera as screengrabbed in Quicktime, another is regraded in PP CS6 to compensate for Vimeo's compression 'makeover' to create the final encode which should bare some resemblance to the original but may improve it, Another is the result of the final encode and how it now looks in other media players (and hopefully Vimeo).

So, my questions to you are;-

Q1) Which one is the original Standard profile shot taken from the GH3? (Left, Middle, Right)

Q2) Which do you prefer? (Left, Middle, Right)

which one is the original 'standard' profile.png
    2490 x 1068 - 2M
  • So left looks best to me on first glance (quite cinematic) but skews green too much when I look at it too long, then I go over to right as my fave. All look pretty good though.

(Damn, I'm pretty close to cancelling my bmcc preorder and just getting this, or getting both. Just wish there was etc in 1080p60, would be so killer. But maybe with a firmware update or hack...)

• I'm guessing left is original. I prefer the one on the right. It has, to me, the nicest skin tones.