Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
help for a noob. How render high bitrate 72 mbs mov. from gh3 in Adobe Premiere
  • Hello everybody. I can not find a topic so Im asking here. I can not make a good video quality from my new gh3. Im rendering footage in Adobe Premiere Pro on my windows,going to render, h.264 and later making the bitrate to the max -50mbs but the files is really huge.

Is a better way to do this?

Im making a videos that will help me to go in next year to film school. Gh3 was a gift for me but the high bitrate is really a problem for me. I really like my old gh1 but If I have a gh3, I just wanna make as good videos as possible. But I think that I will have it max 1 month, its just to proffesional for me, I must learn how create a story, not a good, clear image.

thx a lot for answers. If this question is really a dumb and noob, pelase delete it.

cheers!!!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • what is your intended delivery? web? projection? DISC?

I say 15-20Mbs is all you need for H.264 output, especially for web. Why is the GH3 higher codec bitrate a problem?

I agree that you should be concentrating more on story telling than image quality to get into film school =)

• PoPro should be able to handle the GH3's footage with ease, on a computer designed for moderate video processing. It can handle RED and Alexxa and others, and does anything a GH3 can do without hiccuping. It's more what your computer and the combo it has of cores, motherboard, RAM, and hard-drives and how they work together in the background.