Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best hack for GH2
  • Hi, I'm a photographer and just bought a GH2 to practice my video skills. I previously did a couple of jobs as a dop using a 5Diii, a black magic and a C300 and what I'm looking at to get from the GH2 is the maximum quality. I don't need to shoot lengthy segments but I need the best image (especially in dark environment). I know I probably will never get the quality of a ML 5Diii, C300 or BMCC but this is for practice and personal projects. Could anyone suggest a few hacks?

Cheers.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks, that's a long read! What would you personally recommend?

• @Ezxxx I'll give you my cliff notes. Of course, it's all about preference, so try these and others to see what produces the best images for you, and what holds up best when grading. I'd say try the following: Moon, Sanity, and FlowMotion if you want nice modern looking type of image. Try Intravenus v2 if you want an 80's film stock look. Try Intravenus v1 if you want something in between...kinda modern, kinda filmic, nice grain. Have fun.

• Thanks Matt!