Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @thepalalias what do you mean by flashed once?, i have the moon t5 loaded on the camera for like 2 weeks and the issue appeared today, but i agree there are a lot of variables, but if it now appears when i´m using the stock firmware (ill use the same battery the same card and the same lens until the battery ggets out of juice) then it is a hardware related problem, but if it doesnt, then it was a software issue

• Some screengrabs from VLC. Footage straight out of the camera. No Post work done yet. All I can say is, Thank you so much @driftwood for Drewnet T9. It is just amazing. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/ynsf.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/zjlt.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/pm2i.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/uxph.png/

• Can anyone confirm if moon T7 does or should work with a sandisk extreme 128gb 45mb/s card?

• 1 GOP Intra 'moon' T7, (trying both versions). Card SanDisk 95MB\s.

• @lmackreath It should work; I use 64GB 45MB/s Sandisk Extreme cards and I haven't had issues. Previous hacks I would sometimes get write-errors in 720p/60fps (SH Mode) with high detail and constant autofocus, but I haven't really used that with Moon T7 yet.

• Has anyone had any audio issues with T7? My audio cuts in and out a lot, with both internal mic and ext. I'll try an earlier firmware one of the days when I have time, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

• Password: spizz

These are the second test shots with the GH2-Patch "SpizZ T6" (untouched/no grading). But this time with the final version. I´m pretty happy with it so far and will keep it until the new GH4(5) will come out. The "Cyclassics" are a bicycle race in Hamburg... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vattenfall_Cyclassics

Music: Stephen Anderson

• Rent my Camera to a Friend, shoot @ Moon T5 He's no Proffessional, so don't blame the movie, sometimes it's somewhat shaky xD

• I have issues with Moon T7d in FSH and HBR Mode, 24p seems to be ok.
    I have tested it with both of my GH2, same behavior. The Card i use is a SanDisk Extrem Pro 64GB/95.
    Lens Nokton 25mm, Shutter 50/s, ISO 500, F2,8. Camera powered by AC-Adapter . I filmed a Movie from my TV, Cam on a Tripod to get the same Picture Sequence for every Shot.

HBR, Natural Profile, iD2 iR3; recording stopped after 15 Min (2 MTS Clips)
    HBR, Smooth Profile, iD2 iR3; recording stopped after 7 Min (1 Clip)
    HBR, Natural Profile, iD2 iR off recording stopped after 29 Min with "Card Speed to Slow" (5 Clips, 1 Clip lost (3Min))
    HBR, Smooth Profile, iD2 iR off recording stopped after 7:10 Min

FSH, Natural Profile, iD2 iR3 Camera freezes after 2:23 Min (Clip lost)
    FSH, Smooth Profile, iD2 iR3 recording stopped after 20 Seconds
    FSH, Natural Profile, iD2 iR off recording stopped after 2 Min with "Card Speed to Slow"

All Clips shot in 1080. 720 Modes not tested

• Drewnet T9 is amazing. Thanks a lot @driftwood for amazing work once again. I'm going to try Spizz next.

• Definitely shooting my next short with DrewNet T9. My card has been able to handle it well.

• Can anyone confirm if moon T7 does or should work with a sandisk extreme 128gb 45mb/s card?

It's worked perfectly in my tests, and even on a coupe of jobs so far.

• I really love DrewNet T9 but I keep getting this error at the worst times! "MOTION RECORDING WAS CANCELLED DUE TO THE LIMITATION OF THE WRITING SPEED OF THE CARD"

I am using a SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB 95 MB/s card. I don't get it, do I need to find a faster card? I thought the extreme pro was the fastest on the market.

Any suggestions?

• I've been loving Moon T7 and I use it mostly for narrative/controlled stuff with a Sandisk 64GB 95 MB/S.

Next Sunday a friend's rock band is recording their first album and I will try to get some making of video. Thinking of DrewNet T9 for that kind of job, for stability and recording time. Any of you using it for doc stuff?

Furthermore, and maybe going a bit out of topic, any advice for that kind of album recording/making of shoot? Any tips or comments will be much appreciated ;)

• do I need to find a faster card?

In point of fact, you should probably pick up the 64 GB version. Despite the same rated write speed, tests have shown over and over that the 64 outperforms the 32 with these demanding patches.

• also try 64/45 Extreme

• I tried MoonT7 one weekend ago, sh720 50p, not problem at all. Not problem at editing in premier native. Shooted on 64G sandisk extreme 95mbs.

Some times the camera wasn`t Abel to play the file, but once you turn off turn on the camera everything works.

• @fran nice job man! :D

• Thanks @rlima, Nice Job what driftwood gave us! Loooving moonT7!!!

• I've been using Moon T7 and love love love the quality. I've got a shoot next week that i need maximum reliability as i'm shooting interviews in HBR 25P and will need longer takes so i'm thinking of stepping 'down' to Spizz or Drewnet. I'm going to be using a 64G 95MBPs but i wondered what people thought was the 'safest' of the patches for spanning, reliability etc, or whether i should play it super safe and go for Sanity 5.1.

Cheers

• @fran awesome work!! What was the shutter speed set to?

• @fran indeed it does look great, what lens(es) did you use?

• @fran That was simply great!

• Thanks guys, Shutter was between 200 and 500, lenses mostly canon fd, one wide samyang and one voiglander 25mm. Trying twixtor and filmconvert with moonT7

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters