Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Short narrative in black/white and documentary about Eastern European author
  • Thought of sharing my first project as a writer/director with the fellow forum members here. It's a small personal film I shot December last year. I tried to use as little resources as possible and focus on the emotional side.

The second short came about when I first saw the author Ivan Dimitrov, during a literary reading called "The Homeless on Sunday" held at a hostel in Sofia, Bulgaria. He seemed to live on his own terms and I hope I made at least a bit interesting character-driven documentary.

If you have any questions I'll be glad to answer. Any feedback will be much appreciated as well.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @t_robson
    leaving: I totally understand where were you headed, I like the focus of simple things too, just doesn't happen. don't know if it's the imposing music (I find myself wanting to hear her breathing and the water running and such little stupid treasures), the quality of the moments...

on Ivan it happens the opposite, too many word and none of which are truly truly truly his (work - words to last, a little more than a second). Ivan could show things, be in spaces, read some of his stuff... but his monologue ('cause you cut out the counterpart) is omnipresent and in the end tiring.

I feel booth videos a little closed

1 question, for both, how many time hours did you shot?

gashô

• gasho

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion. I shot almost 3 hours footage with the writer. For the short I followed the script closely and had hour and 15min with the girl along with 1/2 hour of b-roll.

todor