Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Affordable QR solution

Suitable for your tripod, monopod, rig, etc

Available in our deals.

long qs plate -1.jpg
    800 x 511 - 86K
    long qs plate -2.jpg
    800 x 540 - 78K
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • Is it compatible with Manfrotto 501/577 plates? It looks like it might be.

• I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has used these? I'm thinking about getting three of them.

• I always look at these combos to check if the Release Plate (sprung, levered, bottom) and the camera plate (screw-in, top) are sold separately. Some are, some aren't.

Personally, I have one camera and move fast between several rigs. I need:

Item Tops Bottoms
    GH2 1 0
    Tripod A 0 1
    Tripod B 0 1
    Cowboy Rig 0 1
    Skater Dolly 0 1
    Stabiliser 0 1
    Monopod 0 1
    Car rig 0 1
    Shouldr Rig 1 1
    TOTALS 2 8

(Note: A whole shoulder rig can itself be mounted on a tripod to avoid taking the matte box off. This kind of rig has a camera plate at its bottom to attach to a tripod as well as a release plate on top to attach to the camera).

• I just looked at my plate of my 501HDV Head and it doesn't look like it will fit.

• It looks quite alike with manfrotto one, just the plate seems to be thicker/taller, so it may be compatible with manfrotto 501/577. Is there any picture of the bottom part of the chinese plate?

sP1030809.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 195K
  • @7hau Mate I hope this helps, and that you can see the threads ok. The usual 2 in the middle, but not sure about the 2 on the end which are the same, but smaller than 1/4 20. Certainly not buttery smooth, a couple of mm's between flush mount and the thread engaging. Good value for a handy base plate. cheers.

QR plate (1024x572).jpg
    1024 x 572 - 279K
  • thanks @Haberdasher can u take another picture for bottom of camera plate instead of the release plate? do u have manfrotto 501/577 to test with?

• Like this ?

P1120253 (1024x576).jpg
    1024 x 576 - 383K
  • thanks, the plate is quite different with manfrotto's 501 plate. but it might still works, just need to test the compatibility....

Photo02.jpg
    1022 x 766 - 55K