Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mosaic Engineering VAF-XTi filter for T2i, T3i, T4i (550D-650D)
  • Bought the Mosaic Engineering Anti-Aliasing filters for my 550D and 5d mkii, and am pretty pleased with breathing new life in the 550D. Doesn't remove all artifacts, but quite a lot. Also tested it on a Sigma 8-16mm. No vignetting on wide end, but focusing is no longer reliable according to markings on the lens - so must be done by eye. Stress test video below:

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @apefos Service was good - I ordered to Europe via firm that organizes customs and import. Mosaic Engineering contacted me 1 or 2 days after the order was placed to confirm that all was ok and promptly sent the filters. From them sending until it went to the import firm was only a matter of a few days - then a 3 or 4 days more to handle the import to Europe. The new 5d mkii filter is very good too - used it down to 19mm with image sharpness all through frame at all apertures.

• @eyenorth

Can I ask you how many time from place the order and payment for the filter to the moment they did the shipping and inform the tracking number?

• Great results. I think T3i with Magic Lantern Firmware for HDR video and other tweaks, custom picture styles, VAF-TXi and careful grading and sharpening in post is a good option for indie production.

• Yes - should be removed. Stills go a bit mushy with the filter installed.

• Looks good. How does the filter affect stills? Do you have to remove it when you want to shoot stills?