Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 is $649, so should I get that one or the G5 or LX7?
  • Okay, so Lumix GH2 is now only $649 at B&H, half the price of a GH3 (not that you can easily find a GH3 at $1,300 anywhere, mind you). After reading a litany of small but pesky issues with the GH3, I decided to pass on it. So, I could get a time proven GH2 now for only $649 w/o any of the GH3's known issues, or else get the new G5. Not sure if the G5 has same quality hacks for video as the GH2 does? There is also an Lumix LX7, there must be a list someplace that shows all the camera makes and models for which we can find a firmware here, right?

Also, where to see a list of presently available firmwares for either camera, and how can one decide which one to use? Is there like a "10 best" list someplace? Thanks a bunch, ladies & gents.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • @Fenomen, tell us what your needs are. Each camera has it's strengths and limitations. Personally if you have the money I think the GH2 is the most flexible and best image wise between it and the G5 and LX7. Still it's impossible to say based on each persons needs what is the best option. For example someone might only record in 30p and might want 1080/60p, in which case the G5 might be the best option. Someone else might want the smallest and most compact kit so an LX7 might be better for them.